Serenade of the Seas -Larger Balcony

Just finished booking cruise with RCCL. I had originally booked D1 on Deck 9 but RCCL representative said that an E1 room on Deck 8 with a larger balcony had come available (8104). Is the larger balcony worth the smaller room size! Has anyone stayed in this room? Are connecting rooms an issue from a noise perspective?

I would appreciate any advice! I have to decide whether or not to keep the bigger balcony?

Thanks

See if 8102, 8088, 9092 are available. They are all hump cabins and have huge balconies. 8104 is nice but these are better. You could wait list for one of them. What cabin do you have for your D1. 9092 has a huge balcony but is 3' shorter than the E1's. The cabin (D1) is larger to compensate for less space on the balcony, but still a huge balcony.

Unless you will be entertaining on your balcony, a D balcony is ample for 2....I prefer more cabin space, as it's nice for both of us to be able to move at the same time! On the balcony, we're either sitting or standing at the railing....don't need a huge amount of space for that!

Except for the "hump" cabins, I am not aware of a larger balcony on deck 8. I know that deck 7 FORWARD has larger balconies that extend about 2ft out further than other balconies. They are not totally private, but they allow for a nice breeze to blow in, making it very comfortable to relax on the balcony!

Archived