Brilliance of the Seas not RCCL?

DEIx15x8

I was reading over the fine print on an email from RCCL about my upcoming cruise. (It actually had the subject "Exciting News About Your Upcoming Cruise") I noticed this little line:

© 2009 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas.

Brilliance of the Seas is operated by RCL (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

It seems like all the ships are operated under the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brand except for the Brilliance which is under the UK branch. Anyone ever noticed this before or know why this individual ship is registered differently? Looking at her future sailings she appears to be operating solely out of Spain and Dubai.

Two trains of thought here:

1. With the ship doing more exotic destinations, RCI wishes to pass operations to RCI UK.

2. For protective insurance reasons it is very common for shipping co's to have each ship under a seperate LLC. This way if someone sues them they dont have access to the entire company's assets, just this LLC.

I was reading over the fine print on an email from RCCL about my upcoming cruise. (It actually had the subject "Exciting News About Your Upcoming Cruise") I noticed this little line:

It seems like all the ships are operated under the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brand except for the Brilliance which is under the UK branch. Anyone ever noticed this before or know why this individual ship is registered differently? Looking at her future sailings she appears to be operating solely out of Spain and Dubai.

Actually Brilliance is operated under the RCI UK branch and the rest of the Ships are operated under the Royal Caribbean International brand, which is another bracch of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

It has always been that way to my knowledge, only one of the Seaview cafes that is an Italian menu.:rolleyes:

I believe she has always been under them too. As far back as I remember her.

Sailed her for 11 nights in 2003 at Thanksgiving. What a fabulous cruise that was.

Now, WHAT are you doing on here?? :D

Have a great time. ;)

I believe she has always been under them too. As far back as I remember her.

Sailed her for 11 nights in 2003 at Thanksgiving. What a fabulous cruise that was.

Now, WHAT are you doing on here?? :D

Have a great time. ;)

Sitting on the balcony overlooking Las RAmblas, what better way to post.lol

Ah thats an easy one. Just think about it. British people love the word "Brilliant", hence Brilliance of the seas operated under the UK division.

Actually.....this probably has nothing to do with this and I didn't intend to offend anyone but I couldn't resist.

Two trains of thought here:

1. With the ship doing more exotic destinations, RCI wishes to pass operations to RCI UK.

2. For protective insurance reasons it is very common for shipping co's to have each ship under a seperate LLC. This way if someone sues them they dont have access to the entire company's assets, just this LLC.

I think you hit it right here! It is called CYA--- Cover your .... you know the rest.

Archived