Mexican Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale???

Momma Mojito

There was a Mexican restaurant & bar for years, Carlos & Pepes, but it closed. There is now a Moe's Southwestern burrito shop (it's a chain) in the Harbor Shops shopping center. You order at the counter and get all the chips and salsa you want. The burritos are so big that my DH and I usually share one.

You are probably going to have to take a cab anyway, so if you prefer to sit down and be served a hot plate of food, http://www.panchosbackyard.net/about.aspx Pancho's backyard is in Dania Beach on Sheridan St. near U.S.1, just about 5 miles South of the airport. People tell me that it is the best in town. Jalisco Restaurant is a Mexican dive about 3 miles north of 17th St. on U.S.1. Some people love it but I don't.

I love La Bamba and Tipico, both in north Fort Lauderdale, probably too far for you to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Again, probably a bit out of your distance range unless you have a rental, but Taqueria Dona Raquel in Pompano Beach on Dixie Highway near Atlantic has authentic Mexican cooking. Excellent salsas made fresh and changing frequently. Chips can be greasy if hot out of the fryer.

Archived