'The world most beautiful cruise ship'

kcbj

Was just reading it - I think I'd be scared to touch anything - Swarovski crystals and all...

I agree. There are a lot of things on there that I go on a cruise to get away from. Reminds me of that Paul Simon song, '.... she had diamonds on the soles of her shoes....'

Watching bowling in rough sees could be a laugh.

Cheers

Clive

Well, thats the headline of the story in this mornings Sydney Morning Herald about MSC Splendida.

Bags first go on the F1 simulator.

Photo gallery here.

Cheers

Clive

Wow that is amazing. I am fairly new to cruising but i am surprised i have heard nothing about this ship. This site seems to dedicate alot time to the new one Oasis (i think) and theres another one thats featured alot...have i been living under a rock or has this one slipped in unnoticed :D

Wow that is amazing. I am fairly new to cruising but i am surprised i have heard nothing about this ship. This site seems to dedicate alot time to the new one Oasis (i think) and theres another one thats featured alot...have i been living under a rock or has this one slipped in unnoticed :D

Hi,

It's cruising the Mediterranean. We don't hear a lot about the European cruise lines.

Cheers

Clive

Simply stunning. I'd love the $$'s and opportunity to cruise on her. Check out the bowling alley. Thanks for sharing that one with us Clive.

Cheers,

Anna

Anna, i just had a look at pricing for an 11 day cruise sailing from Italy, Greece to Egypt, Malta and 4 more ports in Italy....an 11 night cruise in a balcony cabin started at $2065!!! Wow!!! Just goes to show you how much more we pay. Our cruise to NZ in Feb works out at $312 a day for a balcony cabin, the Splendida is $188....*sigh* :o

I am fairly new to cruising but i am surprised i have heard nothing about this ship. This site seems to dedicate alot time to the new one Oasis (i think) and theres another one thats featured

Just that RCL are a bigger operator here (through Rhapsody) so there's a little more awareness of their ships. MSC don't have any sailings to or through Australia so there's less mention of them. Oasis is still the near term record holder in size as well which is another reason it will get attention just because of that.

MSC don't have any sailings to or through Australia so there's less mention of them.

MSC do advertise their cruises down here and they have some great fares. It just the air fare to get there, but sometimes they come up with a good fly/cruise deal.

Always thought it would great if MSC could come down here for a season, Like HAL, RCCL, Princess and Celebrity have done.

It would give P&O a run for their money.

Also MSC have one of the largest and most modern fleets of cruise ships.

Yes, they do have a local office and pricing though as mentioned don't sail to or through here. With the number of ships they've launched in the past few years, I wouldn't be surprised if they did expand some itineraries this way as they have been in an expansionary phase, though it depends on their view of the viability.

Beam Me Up SCOTTIE!:)I too would like the dollars for hubby and me to go on her- any balcony cabin will do!!

Did you see the last minute special on Diamond Princess...

A balcony for less than an inside...

Unfortunately its the one just before Christmas when most folk are very busy:eek:

Unfortunately its the one just before Christmas when most folk are very busy:eek:

The NZ cruise before ours on the Dawn Princess, had inside cabins on Plaza deck at $4000, yet a balcony cabin on Caribe deck was $2319...:cool: Only explanation i can think of, is that they want the balcony cabins filled first. Dont think i will ever understand their pricing policy...spose it doesnt matter if we are the ones that benefit from it :)

The NZ cruise before ours on the Dawn Princess, had inside cabins on Plaza deck at $4000, yet a balcony cabin on Caribe deck was $2319...:cool: Only explanation i can think of, is that they want the balcony cabins filled first. Dont think i will ever understand their pricing policy...spose it doesnt matter if we are the ones that benefit from it :)

Usually it means their Inside cabins are close to sold out, so they don't feel the need to discount them at that time. However, they just have too many balcony cabins so they want to get some bargain hunters to pick them up so they need to discount them.

If they discount the inside cabins for consistency as well, then they actually lose more money and have an issue as some buyers grab an inside instead, meaning they still have 1 more balcony left than otherwise, and they've made a few odd dollars less in revenue than they otherwise would have. The other alternative of just reducing insides only and upgrading people isn't likely to produce as many sales as it doesn't look as exciting/encouraging as when buyers see getting a better valued cabin for the same price.

Unfortunately Christmas time when all the Specials come we are working in our accommodation business

1 day we won't have to work - I hope:eek:

Usually it means their Inside cabins are close to sold out, so they don't feel the need to discount them at that time. However, they just have too many balcony cabins so they want to get some bargain hunters to pick them up so they need to discount them.

If they discount the inside cabins for consistency as well, then they actually lose more money and have an issue as some buyers grab an inside instead, meaning they still have 1 more balcony left than otherwise, and they've made a few odd dollars less in revenue than they otherwise would have. The other alternative of just reducing insides only and upgrading people isn't likely to produce as many sales as it doesn't look as exciting/encouraging as when buyers see getting a better valued cabin for the same price.

Excellent, thanks for that. Makes perfect sense now...the knowledge of people on this site never ceases to amaze me:)

Archived