Taku glacier lodge excursion ok for 23 week pregnant person?

noodle

I left a message for them, but have not heard back and I would love to do this. I am just trying to check with all the tours I want to do before hand to see if they allow pregnant women to participate before I book online. I will be 23 weeks.

Obviously I know the dogsledding/helicopter is out of the question, but I thought this may be a good substitute.

This is a very nice lodge. But most important is to discuss this with and get approval from your MD.

Budget Queen is absolutely right - check with your doctor for clearance. Since the excursion requires a bushplane flight, there might be restrictions imposed by the tour operator as well.

We took this tour in 1996 and had an absolute blast. The flightseeing over the glacier enroute (at the time, a first for us) was beautiful and the salmon bake was delicious. It was too early in the season for their "resident" bears to come down for an afternoon snack, but I did see one in the river on the flight back!

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the responses. I of course will check with my Dr., but I wanted to see how you all felt the experience was and if you thought it was too bumpy, or something for pregnant women since I don't know what it is like to fly in the kind of plane they have.

Still no response from my message with them.

Thanks again.

Did this excursion in June, 04. Loved it. Definitely worth seeing. I really don't think you would have a problem with being pregnant and taking the tour. There is not a lot of walking involved or strenuous or exerting activity. Actually, you just sit back on the plane, put your headphones on and relax and then have a great Salmon dinner at the lodge. If you decide to go, have a great time.

Joanie510

Another endorsement for this trip. The pilot and the people at the lodge could not have been more pleasant, the food was very good, and the views great. Just bring LOTS of mosquito repellant, especially if you go for a walk in the nearby woods.

Les

Thankyou all for your responses.

I have tried calling and emailing the people to do the excursion to no avail. But based on your responses I will book and then cancel if I later find out I can not do it b/c of their restrictions or my M.D.'s. I am so excited about this excursion.

taxatty - my husband practices tax law too.

Happy sailing!

We have also done this excursion and highly recommend it. If your doctor gives the ok, then enjoy. The flight over the glaciers was fantastic (even though it rained the entire trip). The take off and landings in these planes was as smooth as could be. Could be a bit bumpy in the air. Seeing Scarface is worth the trip alone. Get that Dr's ok and enjoy.

Noodle ~ I guess my only concern would be the mosquitos. We were there in the summer of 2004...and the mosquitos on the walk were incredible! There were some around the lodge, too.

I'm sure a mosquito bite isn't going to hurt the baby.....but they are putting thier stingers into your blood... :eek:

I don't know. It was just a thought I had.

Archived