Help me make a decision please!

mudphud

DH and I have been on 2 cruises previously w/ Carnival and Princess, but now we're planning on booking our third and will be taking our 2 girls for the first time. They are 5 and 8.

We've done the Mexican Rivera and Western Caribbean so I would like to try a different itinerary. I'm thinking Eastern or Southern Caribbean and although I'm not particulary loyal to any cruise line a strong kids program is a must. So far I've narrowed it down to either the 7 day Carnival Liberty or the 8 day Carnival Miracle. They work out to about the same price for a balcony, but the Liberty would be on the Lido deck which we really enjoyed last time and the Miracle would be on the Upper deck. I prefer to sail out of Ft Laudedale as opposed to Miami because we'll be flying with SWA and they only fly to FL, so there's an added expense to get transportation to the POM.

Does anyone know if either of these ships has adopted the new anytime dining option yet? If so, that would be a big plus for us. I looked into NCL, but what turned me off about them is that the kids program isn't necessarily free during port days. Although I'm not sure we'd be using the program during those times anyway, I'd like to have the option available.

Ugh, my mind is exhausted from weighing all these options, so I really just need some guidance to make a decision and be done with it! :confused: I'd appreciate any and all input!

.. I prefer to sail out of Ft Laudedale as opposed to Miami because we'll be flying with SWA and they only fly to FL, so there's an added expense to get transportation to the POM...

I would expect that the cost difference for ground transportation between the two ports might be $30 to $40. While everyone's different, this certainly wouldn't be enough to keep me from considering departures from Miami. I might get a better deal out of Miami which would end up saving me more money overall even after factoring the additional ground transportation.

The expense of getting to Miami isn't THAT much, in the scheme of things....Check out the port of call boards---there are apparently some good transfer companies that aren't too expensive. It's only about a 40 min. trip--less, with no traffic!

I'd go with the longer cruise---all things being the same! Longer is better!

Archived