Shuttles...FL to Pier

lilfish7

Taxis are right there and there is usually someone to get you the right one for your group. Princess shuttle, IMHO, is expensive and I have had to sit at the airport and wait for other flights to fill up the bus before we leave. We love sailing from FLL because the trip form the airport to the pier is so easy.

We are also a party of 6, however we want to stop at Total Wine first. Would you suggest 2 taxis or 1 "limo" pick up. Not sure if knowing a final amount with a limo service would be better than wondering how much a metering running in the taxis would be. Any comments . . . .

We are also a party of 6, however we want to stop at Total Wine first. Would you suggest 2 taxis or 1 "limo" pick up. Not sure if knowing a final amount with a limo service would be better than wondering how much a metering running in the taxis would be. Any comments . . . .

You can preorder the wine and then run in and pick it up faster. You won't be able to purchase prior to noon on Sunday (I don't know what day you are traveling).

Thanks royalcruz

Yes we are arriving on Sunday and have to "waste" some time at the airport in order to purchase wine at noon. However, we are also purchasing beer (shhh), so we also need Publix. Thus my dilema about 2 taxis or 1 limo.

Be very careful getting a taxi at FL airport. We had four people last Jan. and 5 pieces of luggage and needed to go from airport to Hilton Grande. They had us wait for a taxi van which was fine, although the wait was about 40 minutes, then they loaded the luggage and us, pulled away from airport unto highway and then stated the charge would be an extra $42.00 because we had 5 pieces of luggage plus the cab fare on the meter(when we arrived at hotel). A total of $53.00 for a less than 10 min. ride.:mad: When we arrived at the hotel the cab driver pocketed the $42.00 in front of us and then put the $11 in an envelope. I was so shocked that I forgot to get the name and number of the cab--so I could call company and complain. Needless to say we used a car for hire company(South Florida Shuttles) to pier and return from pier to airport. $20 charge and no wait.

There is a free airport Rental Car Shuttle that goes back and forth between the pier and the airport and serves most of the rental companies. You can ride it anyway.

Does that mean you can turn in a rental car at FLL and the rental car shuttle could take you to the ship's pier?

Also will it drop you off at your ship, or some general, possibly a long walk away from your ship?

Archived