Television on Carnival

stevenr597

My wife and I have cruised on many of the current lines including Carnival (Platinum Level), RCCL, Disney, Princess, and Celebrity. Overall we have found all of these lines to be excellent. We have only a few complaints. One of them, however, is the lack of available channels on the in-cabin T.V.'s All too often, our choices are limited to poor reception from a mid-western TV station, and CNN International. In the past, have heard many explanations for this.

However in the world of HDTV and Digital communications we do think that this could be improved. We would like to be able to receive the major channels from a city such as New York as well as FOX news which we feel is more accurate than CNN international.

It is our understanding that Celebrity Cruise Lines has upgrades their capability to receive these channels. We are scheduled to travel on the Carnival Dream and we would certainly like Carnival to upgrade their channels.

My wife and I have cruised on many of the current lines including Carnival (Platinum Level), RCCL, Disney, Princess, and Celebrity. Overall we have found all of these lines to be excellent. We have only a few complaints. One of them, however, is the lack of available channels on the in-cabin T.V.'s All too often, our choices are limited to poor reception from a mid-western TV station, and CNN International. In the past, have heard many explanations for this.

However in the world of HDTV and Digital communications we do think that this could be improved. We would like to be able to receive the major channels from a city such as New York as well as FOX news which we feel is more accurate than CNN international.

It is our understanding that Celebrity Cruise Lines has upgrades their capability to receive these channels. We are scheduled to travel on the Carnival Dream and we would certainly like Carnival to upgrade their channels.

Here's your thread from yesterday... I'm guessing you couldn't find it. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1076086&highlight=

Maybe you should share this with Carnival. And for the record, I have no desire to have channes from New York. The Denver channels are fine for me.

Quite frankly I'd be happy to have NO television in my cabin. I hate having the real world intruding on my vacay.

However, I didn't notice any issues with reception. My only complaint was that the movie channels that ran the movie of the day (airline versions) regularly reset themselves at random intervals. I never did get to see the end of "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past", even after three attempts. :mad:

Hilarious irony: our first night we lay in bed watching TNT's airing of "Titanic". :p

Maybe you should share this with Carnival. And for the record, I have no desire to have channes from New York. The Denver channels are fine for me.

I disagree. I found their news coverage to be rather lacking on the national and international fronts. ;)

Archived