Are TA's able to sell cruises cheaper than the Carnival site?

Drew B

I thought that the answer was "no", but a website (the one with the gnome) is listing the 10/25 Splendor cruise for a single at $339 for a resident rate for an Inside guarantee. This is seriously the lowest rate I've ever seen for a single on a weeklong cruise. When I search the same cruise on the Carnival site as a resident, it quotes $498 as the rate. That is nearly a 50% differential!

Does anybody know why this would be? Do you know if there is any drawback to booking with the gnome?

They shouldnt be able to advertise lower rates, but I saw a lower rate on a site yesterday, (a online TA site) that wasnt a Carnival rate, which is gone today). Could be a mistake.

If they allow you to book it at that rate, grab it, could be a mistake. That site you mentioned seems to make some mistakes pretty often.

PS it cant be a group cruise rate, because they cant advertise a group rate as a regular rate, so thats not it). Id say a mistake ... my best guess. We could go look at it and compare if we knew the date and ship, but you might not want us all clicking on that rate if its a misprint?

Archived