2010 Alaskan Excursions

dulcetto

Just to let any CCr who needs to check this out that the 2010 Alaskan excursions are now available

Have just booked Haines,Juneau and Ketchikan soooooo excited roll on Aug ,very impressed with ease of bookings and prompt confirmations

The Kiwi $ is very good against the US$ at the moment which is even better, not quite so hard on the wallet:D:D:D

Be aware of the time of day you are scheduled to be in Victoria!

It's a wonderful city. There are, however, places I would not book

at that time of day. Why? Distance to travel, hours of daylight...

Give some thought to your choices and have a great visit.

I have to check, but I fear that Rogers Chocolate shop will be closed by the time we get there!

I just checked the excursions for our 14 day Alaskan cruise 2010.

Nothing yet for Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak or Victoria.

Hi Krazy Kruisers

Hope your tours come up soon

Hoping you can help ,I have been able to book the excursions from the ship but were I did the bookings only showed me the ship excursions and we have a prior Land Tour, how can I bring up areas like Whitehorse with the excursions and prices any ideas.any help much appreciated

Dulcetto

Be aware of the time of day you are scheduled to be in Victoria!

I have to check, but I fear that Rogers Chocolate shop will be closed by the time we get there!

If you arrive in Victoria on a weekday or Saturday, they are open until 8 PM. We were back there in May, and have placed two mail orders since from Rogers.

If you arrive in Victoria on a weekday or Saturday, they are open until 8 PM. We were back there in May, and have placed two mail orders since from Rogers.

Thank you. Our favorite item is not listed on their web site for ordering. Probably they would mail it if we asked. We were staying in the Empress so we walked up the hill, bought a bag of candy, and ate it all while watching the entertainers at the Inner Harbor. Victoria is 1500 miles from home, but we go there often. Some of our best travel memories... Our favorite place to eat? The dining room of the house in Butchart gardens, in that little sun room. Oh my!

Just to let any CCr who needs to check this out that the 2010 Alaskan excursions are now available

Have just booked Haines,Juneau and Ketchikan soooooo excited roll on Aug ,very impressed with ease of bookings and prompt confirmations

The Kiwi $ is very good against the US$ at the moment which is even better, not quite so hard on the wallet:D:D:D

As only general information, the "wildlife" tours out of Haines are poor choices as the sightings are extremely low, probably less than 25% of the tours. You are out of season for bears.

The most efficient use of time in Anchorage, is with a rental car. Can really see and do a LOT with the extended port time. Plenty of excellent touring to consider.

A few years ago we spent several days in Anchorage touring around before our cruise.

Just looking to see if HAL has anything that might spark our interest.

Hi Krazy Kruisers

Hope your tours come up soon

Hoping you can help ,I have been able to book the excursions from the ship but were I did the bookings only showed me the ship excursions and we have a prior Land Tour, how can I bring up areas like Whitehorse with the excursions and prices any ideas.any help much appreciated

Dulcetto

Haven't done any land tours in years -- so have no idea how HAL handles this now.

Archived