Disembarkation Day - HAL Excursion

1cruiselvr

I’ve never done a cruiseline sponsored excursion on the day of disembarkation but I’m going to have more than 4 hrs to kill before my flight home after my Nov Eurodam cruise. I’m considering booking one of HAL’s excursions (motorcoach thru scenic FLL) and I’m wondering what the procedure is for your luggage. Does it go thru the usual process and you are responsible for getting it on the bus? Any feedback from others that have done a disembarkation excursion would be appreciated. I’m trying to cure my boredom and rather not sit at the airport with nothing to do for hrs, but I don’t want to complicate the disembarkation/airport experience either. Happy Sailing!

Al of you who are taking anexcursion will get a letter the ast full day of the cruise explaining where you will meet on the ship and what time.

Then you all will leave the ship at the appointed time -- go through immigration.

You will get your own luggage -- proceed to customs.

There will be a HAL rep waiting to direct you to the proper bus. At the bus -- the driver will put your luggage on the bus.

We did the Everglades Air Boat tour in 2008. Yes, you are responsible for getting your luggage and going through customs with it. The buses were right outside the door after you complete customs. Luggage is loaded onto the bus and then unloaded at the appropriate airport terminal with you at the end of the tour.

We had a great time and are doing it again on our upcoming cruise. Beats sitting around the airport!!

Cheers, Denise

Archived