No more day passes to Mayan Princess !

grammy c

Bummer! Recieved an e-mail from Victor Bodden today saying that the NEW owner is not doing the day pass any longer. He is trying to get something new going on with a different resort, but not finalized yet. We are still going with him to West Bay, but will take our chances as to where we spend the day.

Bummer! Recieved an e-mail from Victor Bodden today saying that the NEW owner is not doing the day pass any longer. He is trying to get something new going on with a different resort, but not finalized yet. We are still going with him to West Bay, but will take our chances as to where we spend the day.

Try the old Bananrama next door. Now called Eco-resort.

http://www.roatanecoresort.com/

It sounds like with the new owner, things are "up in the air" Some of the new owner's other resorts only offer day-passes during off-season, if at all. So, all of the independent tour operators are hesitant to commit to Mayan Princess availability, now that there's a big unknown out there!

Hopefully, you'll be able to get a day-pass at the Mayan...the pool is truly amazing (and the drinks strong!) If not, there are lots of great places on West Bay Beach...Bananrama has awesome burgers, chicken strips, nachos, etc. You'll be happy regardless of where you "land" -- the beach is so beautiful!

Enjoy your trip...

Am I getting the straight impression here...that its Boden's new owner that is not going there. Or is there a new owner at the Mayan Princess itself. We take a van over and get our passes there. Hope they are still doing first come first serve on the day passes.

Am I getting the straight impression here...that its Boden's new owner that is not going there. Or is there a new owner at the Mayan Princess itself. We take a van over and get our passes there. Hope they are still doing first come first serve on the day passes.

No, it is the owner that is purchasing the hotels.

I was lining up a guide named Juan Carols and he told me the same thing, not affiliated with Victor.

O that is bad for business. Where does he expect us to go? Along with our money:rolleyes:

I'm sure he is just taking care of the guests that are spending thousands per week to stay on his property. Infinity Bay Resort does not allow cruisers to use their pool (same owner?), but you are welcome to sit at thier restaurant/bar as long as you are spending money!

So, I'm betting it will be the same at the Mayan Princess. You are welcome to spend your money sititng at their bar or at their restaurant under the palapas, but you won't be able to use the pool.

Of course...this is all specualation, and it sounds like Juan Carlos and Victor Bodden are playing it "safe". Better NOT to offer this option until the new owner decides one-way-or-another, than to have some guests get PO'd when they discover the change as their ship pulls into port.

There are lots of options, just none with pools -- but with West Bay Beach, who needs a pool??

p7040134.jpg.458d7bd875e3b5983b2cfe93c109f2e2.jpg

We are going on NCL Jewel and will be in Roatan on 12/1/09. My husband sent an email to the Mayan Princess and just received this email back today. They still DO offer day passes.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT A TAXI RIDE IS FROM THE CRUISE PIER HERE THOUGH?

Good Morning Dear Brian,

We do offer day passes and the cost is $10.00 per person but we do not make reservations for day passes.

INCLUDES:

Pool

Beach

Pool and beach chairs

Restrooms

Access to the restaurant

Regards

Victoria Connor

Reservations

Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort

Tel: + (504) 445-5050 | + (504) 9991-6412 | + (504)9567-0393| Fax: + (504) 445-5065

From US (786)299-5929 (786)206-0776

reservations@mayanprincess.com| www.mayanprincess.com

Thanks for this info, that day pass sounds great. I will contact them too and try to find out how early to arrive and what a taxi may cost. We are sailing on the Crown Princess 12/5 and will be in Roatan on Tues. 12/8. We haven't been there before and aren't sure what to do there. Thanks for sharing this info. I'll let you know what I find out too :)

I contacted Rony's tours about their beach shuttle to see about getting a ride to Mayan Princess. I also asked if they were able to get the passes to Mayan Princess in advance. He got back to me within a couple of hours of my email. On his website it says it is $20 pp round trip to any of the West Bay Beaches. From what I could find out, it costs $20 each way in a taxi to get there. I like the idea of having it arranged ahead of time and knowing for certain we have a ride. Looks like we will most likely reserve with Rony's shuttle for a ride and spend the day at the Mayan Princess. Here is Rony's response:

Hi Susan, how are you and your family? hope all is fine. I would be more than happy to assist you to the beach. Mayan Princess don't accept that we buy the passes in advance, it's based on first come first serve. how ever, if you reach at the Mayan Princess, and for some reason you can't get in, your driver would be able to take you next door at the Foster's entrance or the Banana Rama entrance. but, if you go directly to the Mayan Princess, I don't See how you can't get your passes.

Sincerely. Rony

My spec here is that the Mayan Princess limits the number of day passes and thus metes them out on a first come, first serve basis versus reservations which may or maynot be cancelled or honored. Probably have enough takers on cruise ship days to easily use these up. I do recall a Mayan Princess rep at the Coxen Hole pier back in May when we were there. But she may have been there for a ship excursion.

But as Rony indicated, with Fosters and Bananrama(EcoRoatan) next dooor, you really don't need to get into a snit by not getting into the Mayan Princess in advance.

Thanks to all for setting things a little straighter. I now too agree that if you really want to go to MP resort you might just get in, only you might better hurry up once on the island. We are booked with Victor but might reacess the cab situation once there. With the shuttles, as seen in the past, its a hurry up and wait till the bus is full. As in all of life. Everything is realitive! Good luck to all!

I've been to many fabulous resorts that offer day passes. They are indeed on a "first come-first served" availability. If the resort is fully booked in advance, they often will make it known to the local tour operators that "day passes are not available" on that specific day.

So perhaps, the MP is booked solid the day that this cruiser is wanting to go. So Victor and Juan reported that they aren't available.

The rest of us that are hoping to go in the future, will roll the dice like everyone else. :)

I'm hoping we'll get into the MP in December. If not...always Fosters next door. :D

• 3 weeks later...
I got an email from Victoria at MP yesterday who said they are still doing day passes at $10 each :)

Now, there are 6 of us.. are cabs per person from the pier to MP? Am I better off booking with a tour like Victor Bodden?

Good question! I'm not sure about cabs, but surely someone will post on that.

I can tell you that booking thru one of the guides is a good bet. Either Victor Bodden or Rony Bennett (I use Rony). For about $25pp they will take you anywhere you want with multiple stops for the whole day.

Food for thought!

Archived