Celebrity Board Not Viewable on Some Browsers

JanineM

Hi Everyone !

I've been using IE8, and have been happy with it. I'm glad I have Firefox just in case. At least I am getting a chance to use it today.

FYI no problem using Google Chrome either...which, BTW I like better than the others.

When CC hosts cannot agree on which is the best browser to use, then what chance the rest of us.

I prefer Firefox 'cos, for me, it's much faster and slicker than IE, but it's not without it's problems. It just won't maintain my login and I have to keep re-entering, but I do keep 3 or 4 pages live at a time which may be part of the problem.

Perhaps there ought to be a system geeks forum so they can answer the problems for themselves.

Is the browser really the issue when I could get HAL, Princess and others I tried but not Celebrity in CC? How would a browser issue on my computer allow me to read other lines but not Celebrity? I question that it was a browser issue.

Is the browser really the issue when I could get HAL, Princess and others I tried but not Celebrity in CC? How would a browser issue on my computer allow me to read other lines but not Celebrity? I question that it was a browser issue.

Good Point!!

....and we are still having problems!

It wasn't a browser fault - there was a coding error on this site, which I put in my previous post in this thread.

Some sites put up different pages depending on the browser, but here it looks like Firefox just took a best guess when it found the error, and in this case, that guess was correct hence enabling the rest of the page to be viewed. Other browsers just left it as the point the error arose. You could argue which approach is better, though it's never possible to code for every possible error and the more you do results in a larger, slower browser/application in any case.

• Administrators

Hi again, everyone:

We were experiencing two different issues at the same time. There were board-wide issues with access over the weekend.

BUT, the issue with regard to Celebrity and Azamara (and two other forums,actually) were due to a change in a specific link we made on Friday. I've corrected that link, so all should be well with regard to accessing the Celebrity Forum.

I've also heard from our Webmaster that he's correct the ACCESS issues for all the forums -- things should run much smoother today.

Laura

I had a problem a few minutes ago trying to post. I wrote the post and when I hit "submit reply" it disappeared!

I tried the same post three times and it finally worked.

Now I am copying my post, so if it doesn't go out...I can paste it and try again.

It's a little frustrating!!

Archived