Celebrity Board Not Viewable on Some Browsers

JanineM

Don't know if the moderators know this, but many posters can't view the Celebrity or Azamara boards right now.

I've been trying to view through Safari and others through IE and the board does not appear - just the header.

When I open through Firefox it is here.

Just passing this along! No wonder it is so quiet over here! :p

The FICOKTRS (folks in charge of keeping things running smoothly) at Cruise Critic Central Command have been notified of the problem and are working furiously (well, perhaps not furiously but more like expeditiously) to resolve the issue.

As those who work with computers, websites and automobile mechanics know, intermittent problems are the hardest to resolve, so stay tuned.

Things will be back to normal. When? who knows. But sooner or later we'll be back up and running.

(BTW, this was posted using FireFox.)

I too am having trouble getting to the Celebrity Board. It looks like bad HTML. Did the banner recently get replaced?

This is IE, I can accesss the board by clicking the Quick Links link and hoovering over the Search Link. After I do that the Forum pops up in my lower right side corner and I can use the scroll bars to see it.

I've been trying to view through Safari and others through IE and the board does not appear - just the header. When I open through Firefox it is here.

You're not alone. Safari still does not show the Celebrity board. (Other areas, like Celebrity Roll Calls and the RCCL boards both appear correctly in Safari...)

(This message brought to you via my backup browser, Firefox)

I just went and logged in using FireFox, and it works. The problem seems to be with the other browser. (microsoft?)

Thanks to the person that suggested using FireFox. Now I have to figure out a way to add my "Favorites".

Here's a weird thing. I've been getting on through Internet explorer, but at first it comes up looking blank. If you click on "search" though, you will see the board appear at the extreme right of the screen at which point you can scroll over to it. Like I said, weird.

FYI although probably everyone who can read this knows Foxfire is a free browser....
That's what I paid for it and it's really my preferred browser.

There are some nice but not critical features in the latest IE version that are not in Firefox but Firefox still surpasses IE.

In any case no word yet from Cruise Critic Central Command on the problem.

Was getting frustrated so just now downloaded Firefox. No problems at all - up and running through Firefox. :)

That's what I paid for it and it's really my preferred browser.

There are some nice but not critical features in the latest IE version that are not in Firefox but Firefox still surpasses IE.

In any case no word yet from Cruise Critic Central Command on the problem.

You won't go back...

I gotta disagree with that one. Safari handles RSS feeds much better than Firefox does, IMHO.

I use Firefox as a backup browser on my Mac -- just for those few sites which do not react well to Safari. Everyone should have a backup web browser installed on their computer just for that purpose. Bugs happen.

To bring this back on topic, until this bug gets fixed, I'm happy using Firefox.

No biggie.

-Douglas

Hi Everyone !

I've been using IE8, and have been happy with it. I'm glad I have Firefox just in case. At least I am getting a chance to use it today.

Here's a weird thing. I've been getting on through Internet explorer, but at first it comes up looking blank. If you click on "search" though, you will see the board appear at the extreme right of the screen at which point you can scroll over to it. Like I said, weird.

Thanks! This worked for me (since AOL wasn't able to show the X forum).

this has been fixed!

laura

FWIW, Laura, this problem may have been fixed, but now I'm having problems with all of Cruise Critic. I use Firefox, and about every other time I click on a CC link, I get this message, and nothing else: "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01994173‹���������ÿÿ���������"

I then hit refresh two or three times, and eventually the pages comes up.

I'm going to try to post this message, but if it posts two or three times, it's because I hit refresh to retry, but it was actually reposting.

since i am not a computer person I will tell you all my roll calls and any other boards or threads worked find but Celebrity and Azamara. I do not have firefox but I knew it would be fixed .had no idea it started around 1 yesterday as i was not home until 3ish.

Archived