Just off the Emerald Princess.

lahoban

I am sitting at the airport so this will be quick. Here are some of the the good highlights.

1. Sabitini's, excellent! Try and ask for Fabio, he was wonderful!

2. Crown Grill, very good.

3. Should have got the Sanctuary.

4. Mark our Room Steward on Baja.

5. Diving and snorkeling in St. Thomas and Grand Turk.

6. Chicken salad and Peanut Butter Mouse at the International Cafe.

We have had better cruises but any time your not working and sitting on a lounge chair looking at the sea it's a good day!

I am sitting at the airport so this will be quick. Here are some of the the good highlights.

1. Sabitini's, excellent! Try and ask for Fabio, he was wonderful!

2. Crown Grill, very good.

3. Should have got the Sanctuary.

4. Mark our Room Steward on Baja.

5. Diving and snorkeling in St. Thomas and Grand Turk.

6. Chicken salad and Peanut Butter Mouse at the International Cafe.

We have had better cruises but any time your not working and sitting on a lounge chair looking at the sea it's a good day!

Welcome back….I’ll be looking forward to your comments about the Emerald, will be sailing on our first Princess cruise on the Emerald 4/11/10.

Ron:)

Welcome back -- can you tell me which nites were formal? THANK YOU!!

I don't have my Patter but if I remember correctly it was the first sea day and Grand Turk. If I'm wrong someone let me know.

JoyLar the cafe always seemed to be open when ever we passed by. It was even open on the last day with pastries and coffee.

Movies I can remember were: Wall-e, Angels and Demons, X-men Wolverine, The Proposal, The Vegas movie with all the guy's (can't remember the name?).

Eduardo and Eddie were our waiters second seating and were also fantastic!

Lot's and lot's of chair saving. That is why my husband said he would have gladly paid for the Sanctuary but he didn't find out about it till the last day. My bad I should have suggested it but did not think he could take the motion in the front of the ship.

We had fantastic weather. Felt the ship moving just a little bit a couple of day's.

We had a strange noise kind of like a moan??? Sounded like a far off engine. It would make the noise every couple of minutes the whole cruise. At night was the worse when we were trying to get to sleep. We were on Baja right in the middle of the ship.

After about 9:00PM the ship became empty. No one was around, it was just weird. We are used to a lively ship and this wasn't it. Maybe the time of year???

The entertainment was lacking. Again I think maybe the time of year??? Just never seen any thing like this?

Service just wasn't there. I went to the desk and talked to someone about it and they said: they just finished a really hard Baltic cruise and the crew were very tired. I felt bad for them but at the same time we paid a lot of money also and just didn't get the cruise experience or service that were used to.

I will answer any question's. Sorry for any typo's we just got home and it was a very long day trying to get back to San Francisco.

I'd love the coupon book. Please email me at royalcats@aol.com and I'll give you my address. Thanks.

That is strange that everyone disappeared after dinner. We went on 7-night Caribbean cruises on CB in December and February and while it wasn't the most fun crowd there were lots of people around. We have a huge CC group on the Emerald 11/15, so I think it is going to be a good one.

I don't have my Patter but if I remember correctly it was the first sea day and Grand Turk. If I'm wrong someone let me know.

JoyLar the cafe always seemed to be open when ever we passed by. It was even open on the last day with pastries and coffee.

Movies I can remember were: Wall-e, Angels and Demons, X-men Wolverine, The Proposal, The Vegas movie with all the guy's (can't remember the name?).

Eduardo and Eddie were our waiters second seating and were also fantastic!

Lot's and lot's of chair saving. That is why my husband said he would have gladly paid for the Sanctuary but he didn't find out about it till the last day. My bad I should have suggested it but did not think he could take the motion in the front of the ship.

We had fantastic weather. Felt the ship moving just a little bit a couple of day's.

We had a strange noise kind of like a moan??? Sounded like a far off engine. It would make the noise every couple of minutes the whole cruise. At night was the worse when we were trying to get to sleep. We were on Baja right in the middle of the ship.

After about 9:00PM the ship became empty. No one was around, it was just weird. We are used to a lively ship and this wasn't it. Maybe the time of year???

The entertainment was lacking. Again I think maybe the time of year??? Just never seen any thing like this?

Service just wasn't there. I went to the desk and talked to someone about it and they said: they just finished a really hard Baltic cruise and the crew were very tired. I felt bad for them but at the same time we paid a lot of money also and just didn't get the cruise experience or service that were used to.

I will answer any question's. Sorry for any typo's we just got home and it was a very long day trying to get back to San Francisco.

Ok, how many margaritas did you have??;) Our formal nights were Tuesday and Thursday...first sea day and St. Thomas.:)

Were we on the same cruise?? We also had late seating, but remember fighting the crowds every night on Promenade Deck to get to Explorer's, where the (IMHO) best entertainment was found. We saw a couple of good comedians and an hysterical hypnotist act. That lounge was packed every night.

The International Cafe was open from 6am till 11pm. The items are all with no charge, except the gelato which is $1.50 for three generous scoops.

How late were the hot tubs open?

Is there a hot tub on the stern near the Terrace pool or is that a splash pool for the kids area?

There are no hot tubs at the Terrace Pool. It is adults only and much deeper than a splash pool. The splash pool is on an upper deck.

Sorry my question wasn't clear. The deck plan shows a small pool or hot tub two decks up from the Terrace pool. Is it a splash pool for the kids area, a hot tub or a splash pool for everyone? Was there any topless sun bathing at the terrace pool? Do you know how late the hot tubs were open?

Thank You

Mike

Ok, how many margaritas did you have??;) Our formal nights were Tuesday and Thursday...first sea day and St. Thomas.:)

Were we on the same cruise?? We also had late seating, but remember fighting the crowds every night on Promenade Deck to get to Explorer's, where the (IMHO) best entertainment was found. We saw a couple of good comedians and an hysterical hypnotist act. That lounge was packed every night.

The International Cafe was open from 6am till 11pm. The items are all with no charge, except the gelato which is $1.50 for three generous scoops.

Well I did have a lot of margarita's! I did say the Formal night's were on the first sea day and Grand Turk. I also said I wasn't sure? Just guessed when I got home from the airport at 11:00 at night.

Yes the explorer's lounge was packed every night. It's not that large so I expected it to get very crowded. That is the only place we thought had any action at night. Every place else was empty. The first comedian we thought was very good. Like I said I think it was the time of year we sailed. Much more quiet then March, April or May.

M2ice there is a hot tub two floors up from the Terrace pool. Just walk up the stairs to get to it. There also is a little pool up there. Very nice to cool off when you get out of the hot tub. I think they were open till 10 or 11PM. We loved the Terrace pool and spent a lot of time there.

Cruise Fan I am not sure about the coolers but I thought I saw some when we were boarding??

Hot tub and splash pool! Great! Now it there is a bar and lounge chair I can spend the whole trip in one place.

Thanks again.

That's about what we did! A very relaxing vacation. The first picture shows the pool and the bar behind me. If you look up two floors you will see the splash pool. To the right not in the picture is the hot tub. Just a quick walk up the stairs. The other Picture shows the pool, this was our favorite place on the ship!

279941947_EmeraldPrincess10-11-09018.jpg.11332ac38984a91832f541dbea169d25.jpg

Archived