Sea Miles Card

BcIcemen

Have you read any of the threads of complaints about it, there are a couple just this morning.

Id say no way, absolutely not. I have the RCI VISA card and the big difference is I can apply the points, no matter who I choose to book thru. Sea Miles you have to put up with their reps to book. (I got $300 off my last RCL cruise thru points, just send them in snail mail, but booked thru my own TA).

Read some of the threads. Iv also heard that Carnival is dropping the card next Dec.

Oh my mom is gonna be pissed!! :mad: She applied for, and was approved, for this card and is totally wanting to accumulate the points for getting $$ off her cruises. If Carnival is getting rid of it, why are they still pushing it so hard?? :eek:

Been there, done that. Not worth it. It has been reported that Carnival is not renewing their contract with seamiles when it expires next year. My PVP said that Carnival is planing on having a new card.

Do you mean you took a free cruise and there were problems?

If Carnival is getting rid of it, why are they still pushing it so hard?? :eek:

Carnival isn't pushing, they have to honor their contact with the lender...I don't even know who it currently is...Juniper/Barclays? Anyway, they allow the lender to push as hard as they want. When it comes time to redo the contract the lender will say "see how many people we signed up?" Even if the lender knows there's slim chances to renew, they're going to still try their hardest to gain new customers as they know it's coming to an end :)

Do you mean you took a free cruise and there were problems?

Free, not even close. Definetly had problems with the idiots at seamiles. Getting them to fix their mistakes was more trouble than it was worth. No thanks to seamiles. Thanks to an on the ball Purser and someone with some common sense at Carnival Customer Service got it mostly corrected after I got on board.

Free, not even close. Definetly had problems with the idiots at seamiles. Getting them to fix their mistakes was more trouble than it was worth. No thanks to seamiles. Thanks to an on the ball Purser and someone with some common sense at Carnival Customer Service got it mostly corrected after I got on board.

Were you trying to redeem points for a free cruise or were you using points to reduce your cruise cost? I'm planning to redeem 200,000 points for a cruise and I so want to not have problems.

Were you trying to redeem points for a free cruise or were you using points to reduce your cruise cost? I'm planning to redeem 200,000 points for a cruise and I so want to not have problems.

I used points for price reduction. The morans tried to charge me twice the points for the discount I got. They also booked me in the wrong cabin cat. They would do nothing to make it right. At that point Carnival would not even talk to me because I was booked thru seamiles. As soon as I got on board I went to the Purser, he contacted seamiles and customer service. seamiles continued to act like the morans that they are. The purser finally got pissed enough to hang up on them. He worked it all out with customer service. I ended up getting the cabin cat that I paid for and some OBC. My hats off to Carnival for doing the right thing.

I filled a complant with seamiles and with Carnival because I wanted to make sure that new what kind of bogus operation seamiles is. I cancelled my card and told them what they could do the extra points that I had left over.

I now have a card that gives cash back to use as I wish. It also get anywhere from 1 to 5% back. A much better plan for me.

If you book Early Saver, don't expect them to be able to handle any price reductions. Either they are complete idiots and don't know how the process works or the refuse to process your requests.

If you go with them, be happy with the free cruise and don't expect to see any OBC's.

If the goal is to get points that can be used for travel .... there are many cards out there that are much better.

We had a Carnival card the day it came out years ago. Back then ... it was wonderful.

However, as the years went on....it became worse and worse. And Seamiles is when we finally cancelled our card.

I will not use any card that requires me to use THEIR TA....especially when that TA is ICE that made such a sham of the Carnival Vacation Club that is now off the ships and will soon be history.

Oh my mom is gonna be pissed!! :mad: She applied for, and was approved, for this card and is totally wanting to accumulate the points for getting $$ off her cruises. If Carnival is getting rid of it, why are they still pushing it so hard?? :eek:

My mom as well. She still uses it though, just for cruise stuff. She isn't worried about the points though anymore.

Worth it or not?

Stay away from the SeaMiles card. It is not worth it. There are much better rewards cards out there. I say this as a Platinum cruiser, Carnival stockholder and as a former SeaMiles cardholder. I was always able to beat any deals on a cruise using points through SeaMiles. The SeaMiles TA's were just terrible IMO. I dumped the SeaMiles card earlier this year when Barclay attempted to raise the interest rate to a totally unacceptable 20.99%. I told them to put the rate back to where it was or close the account. Barclay refused to budge on the rate so the account was immediately closed. Bye, bye points and SeaMiles card.

There are better cards out there. After racking up thousands of points you can get some deals on Carnival cruises, but as far as the other lines, the savings aren't worth it. We would have done better on another card, or one with cash back, etc.

We entered a new bank account in to make a payment incorrectly. As a result, first "retruned" payment in five years (and it wasn't even late). It wasn't even late, but because it was "returned", they jacked the rate from 9.99% to 29.99% and would only review it after 6 months....no other consideration. So much for loyalty! Steer clear!

Just look at the earning rate and redemption rates. You would probably be better off with ANY airline's affinity card. My last travel redemption ended up being 3+ cents per mile and I wasn't even trying to maximize my miles. From the dollar off redemptions on seamiles it looks like you struggle to get past 1 cent per point. You don't even have to hear the customer service horror stories to realize this is a bad deal.

Archived