Seasickness

jburke1566

If you look at your box of Bonine you will see that the "active ingredient" is meclizine.

It is generally recognized that alcohol greatly enhances the affects of meclizine. Many people get pretty darned sleepy!

I did the sea bands they worked. could have been in my head but we had a real rough day at sea once and that along with ginger candy worked. the staff was even green faced but I did ok. never have enough remidies to make sure you cruise ok. try the ginger candy and real root. works wonders. I would not drink with the bonnie. I sure some do. but read label

If you take it at night, a bit of alcohol shouldn't bother you too much...and I've found that a decent "buzz" helps with the movement of the ship...since you can't tell if it's your or the ship that's 'woozy'!

There is sometimes a fine line to the "buzz," so be careful. If you are doing the one a day dosage of meclizine, bed time is the best time to take it in my experience.

Archived