Trip Pictures - Alaska Diamond Princess September 2009

adwalsh

My husband sorted through all of the thousands of pictures taken during our trip. Feel free to check them out on our website: http://www.adwalsh.com

Once you click on the folder for the Diamond Sep 2009 trip, you'll have an option in the upper right hand corner to view as a slideshow (w/options for how many seconds you want to view the pictures).

Enjoy!

Amazing photos. Thanks so much for sharing!

Where did you see all the bears? I couldn't believe the one picture with all the people in it just steps away from the bear. That was a really cool shot.

Amazing photos. Thanks so much for sharing!

Where did you see all the bears? I couldn't believe the one picture with all the people in it just steps away from the bear. That was a really cool shot.

Hi DD - that was at Medenhall Glacier in Juneau. It was crazy seeing them so close to so many people!

What camera did you use and could you give me a ball park figure of what it cost you?

Jimbo:)

Hi Jimbo:

We actually used 3 Canon cameras on this trip. Mine (very few) were taken with a Canon XTi which we paid a few hundred dollars for. Most of the wildlife shots were taken with a

Canon 1D Mark IIn (around $4000). Most of the scenics were taken with a Canon 5D Mark II (around $2500). On the website, if you are looking at an individual picture, it will tell you which camera was used right under the picture.

Great pictures, I enjoyed them a lot and thank you for sharing them with us. However may I respectfully point out that Vancouver is not in the state of California (CA), I know that you mean Canada but it is in the Province of British Columbia or BC.

Great pictures, I enjoyed them a lot and thank you for sharing them with us. However may I respectfully point out that Vancouver is not in the state of California (CA), I know that you mean Canada but it is in the Province of British Columbia or BC.

Thanks for pointing that out - yep my DH meant Canada - he was just rushing trying to get so many pictures labeled quickly. We've updated the site.

I really enjoyed looking at all your Alaska photos! They made me wish I could fast-forward the calendar to next May when we will be on the Diamond in Alaska, too!

I also looked at your pics from your Smoky Mountain vacation. We were there this summer (for the 9th time!) and saw all of the same wildlife that you saw. Also, it looked like you stayed in a condo, or something similar. Could you please tell me where you stayed? It looked pretty good. Thanks.

I also really enjoyed your pictures. Could't believe the whale show you got right from the deck of your cruise ship. Most unusual! We were just in Alaska 8/28 - 9/9 and didn't see a bear at Mendenhall glacier like you did. We heard there were some but they didn't show themselves.

You really got pictures of alot of wildlife. You are very fortunate. The moose was very cute also.

I really enjoyed looking at all your Alaska photos! They made me wish I could fast-forward the calendar to next May when we will be on the Diamond in Alaska, too!

I also looked at your pics from your Smoky Mountain vacation. We were there this summer (for the 9th time!) and saw all of the same wildlife that you saw. Also, it looked like you stayed in a condo, or something similar. Could you please tell me where you stayed? It looked pretty good. Thanks.

Hi viktoriaB - glad you enjoyed the pictures. We stayed at my aunt's condo in Gatlinburg.

Amazing pictures...thy fpr posting !!!

I have question: where have you been in Ketchikan, which totem park ist it ???

Hi lilmiss - Glad you enjoyed the pictures. We did a private taxi tour in Ketchikan. Unfortunately we don't recall the name of the totem park.

Did you take the fast ferry from Skagway to Haines and did you just happen upon the bear fishing in Haines?

We did a shore excursion through Princess that including the ferry and then a bus trip once we got to Haines. We came across 2 different bears on our way back to the ferry. We were a bit sad that it was raining which made the pictures not be as clear but hey it was Alaska in September... Bears in the rain is better than no bears at all!

Archived