Aft Balcony help please

sandgrand

Please help me with an Aft balcony question on the Conquest - I have sailed on RCCL many times and the AFT CABINS are the first to go (Prime real-estate due to extral large balconies) I have noticed for many cruises on Carnival - most of the AFT cabins are still available - they are not being grabbed up..... is there a reason for this?

I know price is higher - but what about vibrations, noise... is there a reason these cabins are not "booked" first?? Thanks for any comments to help me decide on a cabin:)

Could it be the ones right above the lounge and we've learned unless your a night owl stay away from them. If not it could be the extra cost but to me it's worth it as the view is amazing and the extra room a plus.

Carnival ships, I havent noticed more vibration than on RCL ships. I am platinum on RCL, so Iv been in the aft before on RCL as well. There is a vibration, but I think its the economy, people are booking cheaper if they can. All the 1A and 4A cabins are snapped up and gone pretty fast on my next couple of cruises, poof!! Only more expensive categories left.

Plus Carnival is about to recategorize, so those afts are going to get even more expensive and harder to price match if the price falls. ES you cant downgrade, only upgrade, so unless you really want a particular cabin, some leave their options open with ES. Carnival is harder to get price matches, only with ES can you get reductions after final payment, much harder than with RCL to me.

Just got off the Splendor and had an Aft cabin on deck 7. Absolutely loved it! The view is fantastic and the balcony is bigger. The only time we had noise or vibration was when we were docking in a port. Definetely worth the extra money.

In fact we're going on the Splendor again in Jan in the same cabin.

Unless you get the corner suite the balconies are not larger. We were on the Legend rear cabin. There would be soot on the balcony and chairs. People were always hanging over the rails or just hanging out on the open public decks above. Their conversation would really carry. They will also throw stuff overboard. Got hit several times by the ice cubes and remains of drinks. Also it seems as if the people above are always smoking and the smoke drifts down a long with the ashes. Can't figure that one out.

On the Legend the rear of the ship is slanted so there is not any cover from the balcony above also the rail is on a slant so there is about 3 ft of unuseable space that is under the rail.

The only way to know is try it. We won't go out of our way for one and will try to avoid one if possible because of our experience. Others claim they love it and say we are full of it.

Some will say it is just the low class Carnival passengers????

Please help me with an Aft balcony question on the Conquest - I have sailed on RCCL many times and the AFT CABINS are the first to go (Prime real-estate due to extral large balconies) I have noticed for many cruises on Carnival - most of the AFT cabins are still available - they are not being grabbed up..... is there a reason for this?

I know price is higher - but what about vibrations, noise... is there a reason these cabins are not "booked" first?? Thanks for any comments to help me decide on a cabin:)

I also have my first AFT cabin on the Conquest on my September 19, 2010 sailing. At first I asked for the AFT Cabin on Deck 8 but my PVP told me I would be better off sailing on Deck 7. She said that Deck 8 is right under a "public area" and by moving one deck lower I would be much happier.

I too noticed that the AFT cabins on Deck 8 has been available for quit some time so that most be a clue that something isn't right.

I would go for one on deck 7 first, followed by 8, then 6. Deck six may have noise issues. We had an aft wrap on the Glory on six and had no issues, but friends next to us did, and up the hall it was even worse. As for vibration, we have never felt any. Aft cabins are our first choice.

We had an aft cabin on Destiny. Not only was it freaking hot but we had soot and garbage on our balcony (cigarette butts and such).

This was the only cruise where we felt a little seasick too. Not full blown sick, but just every so often a little nauseated. We never get seasick, even on small dive boats but we figured it was due to the cabin because we could feel more movement. No more aft cabins for us!

:(

I certainly hope that's not the reason...

I am not sure but reading other people's opinions, here at CC I think it might be. Deck 8 is under an open area deck where people can look over, toss cigarette butts, beer bottles, plastic cups, (or worse). And if there is a group on the ship they can have their band playing until well after midnight.

What I do know is that when I requested the Aft Cabin on Deck 8 my PVP did suggest that I take Deck 7 instead. And those cabins on Deck 8 are still available after several months.

Then on the flip side, each week of sailing, is different from the next. I guess a person has to try it at least once to see what its like.

Archived