Which cruise would be better with a 2 yr old and first time senior cruiser?

cruisinbanddirectors

My husband and I are planning a cruise for next June. We will be taking my father-in-law (in his early 60's) who is a first time cruiser and our DS who will be 2 years and 2 months. We are trying to decide between the Carnival Victory (Southern Caribbean, 7 night) and the Carnival Freedom (Western Caribbean, 6 night). We are trying to decide which would be the better choice considering who's traveling. The price is about the same for both, and we get one more night on the Victory, but we'll probably also have more expense getting to and staying in San Juan, so it all evens out I guess.

I know the Victory is much more port intensive, but the DH and I have done several of the ports before and wouldn't necessarily feel compelled to leave the ship every day.

Thoughts, things to consider?

We did the Victory last March with our two year old. Camp Carnival was awesome. I will say that we never wanted to stay on the shop and came home exhausted. It was a great cruise and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Archived