Karaoke question

elycelynne

Is the karaoke on the 7-day Visa-class ship cruises in a contest format, or is it just a bunch of people getting together to (for better or worse) entertain each other? And where does one obtain a copy of the song lists ahead of time (earlier in the day, for instance)?

Is the karaoke on the 7-day Visa-class ship cruises in a contest format, or is it just a bunch of people getting together to (for better or worse) entertain each other? And where does one obtain a copy of the song lists ahead of time (earlier in the day, for instance)?

Hi elycelynne! I do not have an answer for you. I'm trying to bump this question up so maybe you get one, from someone who has done the Karaoke.

It looked like your question ws headed towards page 2 with no replies:eek:

Joanie

In my experience on the Vistas and Eurodam it is a combination of the two. Several evenings Karaoke was held in typical karaoke fashion, some great singers, some less than great singers but primarily everybody out to have some fun singing karaoke and everybody who wants to can participate. During those evenings guests were selected and invited to participate in the final competition show.

As far as seeing the song list ahead of time, I'm not sure since I don't actually do karaoke, I just travel with a karaoke crew. I would think your best bet would be to ask the DJ, they seem to be in charge of the karaoke details.

Hope this helps!

Hi elycelynne! I do not have an answer for you. I'm trying to bump this question up so maybe you get one, from someone who has done the Karaoke.

It looked like your question ws headed towards page 2 with no replies:eek:

Joanie

It was very sweet of you to bump up my post for me. I was noticing that it was sliding down as well, and since many people don't look past the first page I was going to bump it up myself today.

In my experience on the Vistas and Eurodam it is a combination of the two. Several evenings Karaoke was held in typical karaoke fashion, some great singers, some less than great singers but primarily everybody out to have some fun singing karaoke and everybody who wants to can participate. During those evenings guests were selected and invited to participate in the final competition show.

As far as seeing the song list ahead of time, I'm not sure since I don't actually do karaoke, I just travel with a karaoke crew. I would think your best bet would be to ask the DJ, they seem to be in charge of the karaoke details.

Hope this helps!

This does give me at least some idea of how it works. I guess I'll hunt down the DJ or whoever else is in charge of it at the appropriate time.

Archived