Case of Water & Soda - can I check this or do I have to carry it on?

itzkelly

If I am able to check it, how do I "tag" it as mine? If I have to carry it on board, any suggestions on how to carry the case of water the easiest way?

Thanks!

Kelly :)

In past porters would take water/soda with a official cabin tag taped on- I have read no longer allow this. The water/soda must be in a suitcase for porters to take. I think you could lug a reasonable amount through security, but a pain IMO.

I am not sure if porters would take a taped up box or not..

We have done both. We have packed plastic bottles of soda in our checked bags and I have carried on two 12 packs of diet coke/coke in cans. Two hints to consider if you carry on your own soda: If you plan to carry on 12 pack cans, duct tape the two 12 packs together and add additional duct tape to protect the weaker seams. Secondly, if you pack cans or plastic bottles in your suitcase, re-pack the soda in large zip loc plastic bags as you put them in your suitcase. Hopefully this will prevent your clothes from wetness if one of the bottles were accidently opened because your luggage was handled roughly.

When you pack, bring an extra bag (Duffel type) load you case of water and soda in that, tag it and have them bring it to your room, Now you have a duffel you can tote all your stuff to the beach, and also any extra stuff you buy to take home. Or Roll it up and stuff it in your suitcase

Archived