Restaurant 2 Menu

parisbully

I understand that the tasting menu in R2 remains the same for each week. Does anyone have this menu. We are on the Odyssey Nov. 28 and would love to see it in advance. Sooo excited....

There are seven different menus in restaurant 2 one for each day of the week.It is repeated every seven days so if you are on for a few weeks you can sample many excellent dishes.This is my favourite place to dine on the Odyssey.

There are seven different menus in restaurant 2 one for each day of the week.It is repeated every seven days so if you are on for a few weeks you can sample many excellent dishes.This is my favourite place to dine on the Odyssey.

Yes, I did know that. But, is there a theme for each day? For instance Thai on the first day, Italian on the second, etc.

Yes, I did know that. But, is there a theme for each day? For instance Thai on the first day, Italian on the second, etc.

Hi parisbully,

R2 does not really have a theme every night, like Italian or Indian or Asian, etc, it is the colonnade restaurant that does that which is on level 8.

Not sure how you describe it, but the menu in R2 compliments each course you receive. Typically you will have three small portions of food on a plate where you go right to left as you eat it. Then to make things interesting you go left to right with desert.

The chef presents the food beautifully and each course is like an explosion of flavor that builds upon the previous portion eaten.

Regards

Alfa

Here is a link to menus from our Seabourn Spirit cruise.

Look for the Tasting Menus for '2'. These may not be totally up to date, but will give you an idea of what those menus are about.

Restaurant 2 is unlike any restaurant on any other cruise ship. The food and presentation are unique, adventurous and sometimes even daring. Each course consists of two or three elements which complement each other. These courses are constructed to marry flavors in your mouth and build a culinary experience over the course of the meal. The waiters explain everything as you are being served, adding to the drama of the evening. 2 should be experienced at least once during your cruise.

Here is a link to menus from our Seabourn Spirit cruise.

Look for the Tasting Menus for '2'. These may not be totally up to date, but will give you an idea of what those menus are about.

The Odyssey is completely different.You are served a tasting experience but you do not have a selection of dishes to chose from.The atmosphere is way above the sisters and the service is more intimate.

If this restaurant was on Silversea,they would charge for it.

>"You are served a tasting experience but you do not have a selection of dishes to chose from."

I do not ever remember having a choice with the tasting menu at 2 on the Triplets. With a theme night, yes, but not for tasting. It was WYSIWYG.

I think some people who have not yet been on the Odyssey are not aware that 2 is different than on the triplets. Whereas on the triplets the themed menus were alternated with the tasting menus, on the Odyssey 2 serves only tasting menus. The themed menus are now served exclusively in Colonnade.

Exactly. In my link above the Tasting menus are interspersed with the theme menus that are offered at '2' on the triplets.

Having just the tasting menus in Odyssey's '2' makes sense, with the wonderful alternatives available.

Can anyone comment if the tasting menus are the same on all ships?

Steve.

Good question, Steve. I can't say for certain but I would imagine so because I think they are developed with Charlie Palmer and his influence is fleet wide. If anyone knows different please feel free to correct me.

I think the chefs who are responsible for the "2" menu, actually do have some more flexibility and can put their own ideas into the range of dishes they present to you.

Marja

We will on our first Seabourn cruise (the Spirit) in only 40 days, yeah!!

We would definitely like to try dinner at Restaurant 2 at least one night. Do we need to make reservations after we board the ship? It appears that some nights may be tasting menus and some nights "theme" dinners. Will that be posted somewhere for the week so you can decide which night you would most like to have dinner there, or do you just have to make your reservation for one night and take your chances? After reading this thread, I think it would be most fun to try the tasting menu.

Thank you!

You will get the programme for the week when you board along with the other info. You have to reserve and you can do so 48hrs before the day you want. I think the reservation desk started at 6.30pm - others will correct me if I'm wrong. We ate outside on a very warm evening at the end of September in the Med and it was superb. Enjoy!

You will get the programme for the week when you board along with the other info. You have to reserve and you can do so 48hrs before the day you want. I think the reservation desk started at 6.30pm - others will correct me if I'm wrong. We ate outside on a very warm evening at the end of September in the Med and it was superb. Enjoy!

Since they're on the Spirit, they'll have to ask at the Purser's desk, and can probably make a reservation at any time. The 48- (now 24-) hour limit is for the Odyssey only....

Either way, "2" is a wonderful treat!

Paul ;)

Crystal808,

I believe that even on the triplets one cannot make a reservation for 2 before two days prior. But one can usually go anytime during the day.

I can't really remember...and you may be right! I'm pretty sure you can get the "schedule" from the purser; when you can reserve is what I can't remember. However, I'll find out 11/11!!

Paul ;)

who will, of course, report back his findings...should the internet costs not be too prohibitive!!

Archived