Less Expensive Parking near Port of Miami?

mjpohl

I have found a Parking company that charges half ($8.50) what the Port does to park. The name of the company is Premier Cruise Parking and they say they are about 1 mile from Port.

Has anyone had any history with them or are there other companies we could use to avoid $20 a day parking.

Thanks!

I have found a Parking company that charges half ($8.50) what the Port does to park. The name of the company is Premier Cruise Parking and they say they are about 1 mile from Port.

Has anyone had any history with them or are there other companies we could use to avoid $20 a day parking.

Thanks!

Don't do it. Any money you save will not be worth the price.

South Florida isn't a place where you want to leave your car in unsecured parking. If you do a little search on here you'll find lots of horror stories of people having their cars damaged, broken into, stolen, etc.

South Florida isn't a place where you want to leave your car in unsecured parking. If you do a little search on here you'll find lots of horror stories of people having their cars damaged, broken into, stolen, etc.

Is it safe to leave your car at any of the Miami Airport Parking locations? We will be gone for 10 days, and the port parking will be $200. The Airport Fast Park is $7.94/day. Am considering this. Any thoughts? TIA!

I have used unitedairportparking.com to make reservations at a secure lot near the Maimi airport. We have used them a few times. They supply a free shuttle to and from the port. SWe tried something different this last cruise and endednup costing us almost as much as port parking. Miami is not know for having long term public parking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Excellent option. We just went on a cruise last weekend and used them They just openened their garage and all worked out:D super. Very recommandable. Will use them again. It is only a local secret at this point.

Sorry which company are you referring to?

On www.lq.com search for LaQuinta Inn & Suites Airport East at 3501 NW LeJeune Rd. It's real close to MIA airport. Their page shows free parking for 7 days. I've read a review on a travel website that they charge $5 per night for anything over 7 days. Haven't called them to confirm this info, but if you want to check, their number is 305-871-1777. I think their shuttle to the port is free also. I made reservations online for this hotel next month, but not sure if I will stay there (concerned about security) or stay maybe in Fort Lauderdale since I'll be coming down I-95 and then just park next morning at port in Miami for $180. Seems like a no-brainer for LaQuinta, but will my car be there and in one piece when I get back.

Anyone know if parking at LaQuinta Inn & Suites Airport East is secure spot to park for that long? Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Waited 40 minutes to get picked up at port. Then 3 hours for them to figure out where my keys and car were. There were at least 50 people there with the same situation. Small tent to wait was not big enough for all the people so most got soaked because it was raining. The police finally came because fights were breaking out. They were mad because obviously they come quite often for the same situation. They at least restored order. At one point an employee was just dumping bins of keys on the floor and asking if you recognized any of the keys. Unbelievable. Missed my flight. Do not use them unless you have an extra day to wait.

Thanks!

There are at least two different "Premier Parking" companies. One owns the garage, the other the open lot. We have used the open lot without a single problem, but the garage is a better deal @$8/day if you book direct with the owner. Global is a booking agent for the garage and charges a bit more because they run a website, but they do not own the garage. We have also used the "cheap lot", $31 a week without problem, but no guarantees. If you own an expensive new car, use the garage at 1415 NE 2nd Ave for $56/week. Search other Miami parking threads, where I have left the 800# and email for the owner.

• 1 month later...

We used the open lot at Premier parking on 3/2/2013. We waited more than an hour to be picked up on 3/9/13 at the port. It was a nightmare; people were frustrated for waiting so long. Use the cruise port parking if you can afford it. As for us, we won't park there again. By the way we paid $67.35 for 7 days.

Wrong, these guys are legit and have a nice garage. premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net .

Thanks!

I've read tons of reviews on the different parking options in Miami. There is a really cheap lot close to the port for $4.50 a day that is an open lot. I've seen a few post about there being homeless people outside the fence, etc but I've also read several reviews where people have left their cars and everything was fine with no problems. That's the lot we are using next month. The reviews for the garage you are looking at have mostly been good with the exception of some saying they had to wait an hour or so for the shuttle. I guess it will just depend on your comfort level where you leave your car. My car is almost 10 years old and there will be nothing left in it that's valuable so I'm not concerned at all that anyone will be trying to break into it, etc. Just beware of any lots that want you to leave your keys with them. I've heard there are a few down there.

There are at least two different "Premier Parking" companies. One owns the garage, the other the open lot. We have used the open lot without a single problem, but the garage is a better deal @$8/day if you book direct with the owner. Global is a booking agent for the garage and charges a bit more because they run a website, but they do not own the garage. We have also used the "cheap lot", $31 a week without problem, but no guarantees. If you own an expensive new car, use the garage at 1415 NE 2nd Ave for $56/week. Search other Miami parking threads, where I have left the 800# and email for the owner.

There are 2 companies using the Premier name: Premier Cruise Parking and Premier Venture Cruise Parking... "Venture" is a dirt parking lot, while Premier Cruise Parking uses a secure garage, and we have used the garage several times without any problems. We book through: http://www.globalairportparking.com. I see there is also a direct number to call as well. We prefer to book online, so we can pay up front. Our name is on their list and we are guaranteed a parking space. We are always greeted promptly with the free shuttle, both arriving at the garage, and the port. I would, and have, recommended this company to friends, who have been very satisfied with the service. But you have to choose the garage option when booking, or you will indeed be sent to the dirt lot, which is not very secure.

There are 2 companies using the Premier name: Premier Cruise Parking and Premier Venture Cruise Parking... "Venture" is a dirt parking lot, while Premier Cruise Parking uses a secure garage, and we have used the garage several times without any problems. We book through: http://www.globalairportparking.com. I see there is also a direct number to call as well. We prefer to book online, so we can pay up front. Our name is on their list and we are guaranteed a parking space. We are always greeted promptly with the free shuttle, both arriving at the garage, and the port. I would, and have, recommended this company to friends, who have been very satisfied with the service. But you have to choose the garage option when booking, or you will indeed be sent to the dirt lot, which is not very secure.

But bear in mind that global is just an information/reservation service that disclaims all responsibility for any damage or inconvenience--with any problem you're on your own.

But bear in mind that global is just an information/reservation service that disclaims all responsibility for any damage or inconvenience--with any problem you're on your own.

Yes, that is true...but we like that it is a parking garage that is secure at night...parking for the school board is on floors 1-4, and Premier Cruise Parking leases the remainder of parking spaces for cruise passengers...no other cars coming or going on their floors...we, nor no one we have referred to this garage has ever had a problem...It is one of the safest parking options by the port. So, we will continue to use this parking option.

I made a reservation at the garage for 8 dollars a night. I figure that if I dont like how it looks when I get there I can always go on to the port. The directions say its 8 blocks to the port so a taxi shouldn't be more than 20 dollars if we need to use that option.

I made a reservation at the garage for 8 dollars a night. I figure that if I dont like how it looks when I get there I can always go on to the port. The directions say its 8 blocks to the port so a taxi shouldn't be more than 20 dollars if we need to use that option.

If you do so, you will forfeit your pre-payment in its entirety.

Archived