Cabin Air-Conditioning

Bonbeak

Does anyone have a secret on how to control the airconditioning in the cabin?

On our last Oceania cruise if we turned it down, the temp may have been warmer but it was still going.

Sometimes at night it went off because the ship turned it off. Can it be turned off totally?

I got a very bad cold and swollen glands from sleeping with it on the last cruise. Any advice

We wonder whether it can be turned off totally, since it is not just air conditioning, but ventilation as well. How can those in inside cabins breathe if it can be totally turned off? On the other hand, we wonder whether the crew can do something to shut your cabin off for the duration of your voyage, that is if you have an openable door. Otherwise it may contravene air quality requirements?!

Perhaps the crew can put something at the air conditioning opening to divert the air flow away from blowing at you. One may think that you may change the air conditioning to heating instead (depending on the weather / outside temperature of where you are at), but that may be difficult too, as the whole ship may be on cooling rather than heating mode, and it may be difficult to have heating in one cabin and cooling in others.

On our last Oceania cruise if we turned it down, the temp may have been warmer but it was still going.

Sometimes at night it went off because the ship turned it off. Can it be turned off totally?

I got a very bad cold and swollen glands from sleeping with it on the last cruise. Any advice

I do not think it can be shut off but I usually try to set the thermostat in the middle of the dial.

We like it cool to sleep but not cold.

I also leave the lid off the ice bucket to give some moisture in the air

I got sick on the last cruise but it was from some cold bug going around ...several people had it by the end of the cruise.

Lyn

Sorry to hear of your problems, but did you ever ask anyone from engineering for help? They have the ability to make changes that are more than what you get if you attempt to make simple adjustments to the thermostat on the wall!

Sorry to hear of your problems, but did you ever ask anyone from engineering for help? They have the ability to make changes that are more than what you get if you attempt to make simple adjustments to the thermostat on the wall!

Rickey88 Great advice..

Jancruz1

Archived