Live from the Sapphire Princess NON Mexico cruise

mikjr

Personally I would love the diversion cruise, but we live local and do the MR for R&R. The ports are not that fantastic. But there are people that travel far to do that cruise and visit those ports. So I can understand their upset.

But for safety of the people and the ship, diverting was the best option. Isn't there another thread on the CB about damage from a storm and how people were not thrilled?

And we have a stunning day here for you today in San Diego. It is sunny and will be in the 70's today! :D

I'll be on the Sapphire in a month, if we end up with a diverted cruise, we would love this port. I'd be calling you in a heart beat Jamie, except I think you will be on your way to Hawaii!!!

I hope the original poster comes back and talks about how the cruise went. I can understand all sides of this issue. I am just in a win-win. We really want to visit the MR, but since we are east coast people, would enjoy the Pacific Coastal Cruise as well.

I would love to see a California coastal cruise as part of their regular itinerary. As it is, I'm considering the May 2011 cruise from LA to Vancouver. Yes, I can drive to San Francisco is a little over an hour, but to arrive there by cruise ship, that's special.

Jackie

Come on over to our roll call for the May 2011 cruise. It sounds like a fun group and a wonderful cruise.

Returning you now to your regular programming:)

Jeezzz.... I guess they didn't sleep, eat nor entertained the entire cruise. After all, that's what you pay for. There's no satisfying some people.

I was on this same cruise and likewise, would have loved the diversion. Heck, a great cruise and 50% towards another one? What's not to like?

First let me say… I’m sure the captain did what he thought was best for the passengers and his ship. I have no problem with that. I understand what he did, and why he did it. I did hear that Carnival and NCL did make a few of the ports, and I'll be interested to hear what they have to say.

Pam... you are correct in many of your comments... our diverted cruise was very nice... weather was very good, and yes, we ate, we slept, and were entertained.

My point of the whole statement is... I could have cruised the diverted itinerary; San Francisco, Catalina, San Diego, Ensenada, for a lot less money than I paid, and I probably wouldn’t have paid the extra for a balcony for the diverted itinerary. It was really too cold to comfortably use the balcony. Basically, I did not get what I paid for.

Also, it cost me money to purchase the extra (warm) clothes I didn’t pack. Sorry, but I am not one of those that packs a suit case for “what if” situations. So, go ahead and say it’s my fault for not having the fore site to pack appropriately… but, I wouldn’t take shorts to Alaska… why should I pack a heavy coat for Cabo??

Since the ship did absolutely nothing to appease the unhappy passengers while on our cruise, I would like to see at least a credit towards a future cruise. I don’t believe that is too much to ask

I'll be on the Sapphire in a month, if we end up with a diverted cruise, we would love this port. I'd be calling you in a heart beat Jamie, except I think you will be on your way to Hawaii!!!

I hope the original poster comes back and talks about how the cruise went. I can understand all sides of this issue. I am just in a win-win. We really want to visit the MR, but since we are east coast people, would enjoy the Pacific Coastal Cruise as well.

Yep - we leave on the 22nd!!! Can't wait!!! I wish I could have joined you and Rich on the Sapphire. One of these days we will cruise again together. :D

Hi Sunshine... I will be posting a full review of our time on the Sapphire in the next few days.

While I realize this was a generous gesture, we would rather not have been given this, but the option to cancel. Every other cruiseline that week gave their passengers the option to cancel without penalty. Not Princess.

(And thank you Tequila for slamming the door in the back of my head on the way out.)

This was the point I was trying to make but failed. Based on how things were handled in the past, this might worth considering when booking in the future. Once the cruise is on it's way, you are SOL, take lemons, limes, tequila and make the most of it. Simple something worth considering. Carnival Corporation shareholders win if you go with Princess or CCL.

How is your head;)

Archived