Best Beach on Belize ?

where2next4me

Hi :)

It will be our first trip to Belize.

I want to see sites but kids want a beach.

Can anyone recommend a good beach for swimming & relaxing with my family?

West Bay?

I want something that is not hard to get to from the cruise ship dock with a gorgeous beach & some water activities (food & bathrooms would be ideal)

www.cruise2010.net

Are you cruising? Belize is not known for it's beaches. The coral reef (2nd largest) blocks the big waves from reaching the mainland, hence no sand was made, so no beaches per say.

There are cayes (pronounced as I have been told as "key"), and the best beaches are reached by boat out on the cayes.

If you are land vacationing, there are beaches(per the Belize web page)that are in the southern part of the country but not reachable as a day trip from a cruise ship.

Marshhawk is correct. The beaches in Belize are not very good. I could say with near 100% certainty that beaches at all of the other ports you will be visiting will be far superior. Spend your time in Belize snorkeling, visiting Mayan ruins or cave tubing instead and save your beach time for a different port.

Marshhawk is correct. The beaches in Belize are not very good. I could say with near 100% certainty that beaches at all of the other ports you will be visiting will be far superior. Spend your time in Belize snorkeling, visiting Mayan ruins or cave tubing instead and save your beach time for a different port.

A trip to one of the cayes is your best bet for a beach day.(Bannister is nice).

There are several other tours that are pretty unique to Belize. Cavetubing is a blast and this is one of the few places where it can be done easily, and ruins tours here have good reviews.

Hi :)

It will be our first trip to Belize.

I want to see sites but kids want a beach.

Can anyone recommend a good beach for swimming & relaxing with my family?

West Bay?

I want something that is not hard to get to from the cruise ship dock with a gorgeous beach & some water activities (food & bathrooms would be ideal)

www.cruise2010.net

West Bay is in Roatan. If you're going there I can highly recommend it. The beach is ideal and there are wonderful coral reefs very close for amazing snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed Bannister Island. I booked a snorkel, beach and manatee watch excursion through Coral Breezes. The beach was beautiful and everyone I came in contact with was extremely friendly. Bathrooms, changing rooms, food & beverages are available. Here are a few pics.

BannisterIsland-Belize2.jpg

BannisterIsland-Belize4.jpg

Belize.jpg

BannisterIsland-Belize3.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed Bannister Island. I booked a snorkel, beach and manatee watch excursion through Coral Breezes. The beach was beautiful and everyone I came in contact with was extremely friendly. Bathrooms, changing rooms, food & beverages are available. Here are a few pics.

BannisterIsland-Belize2.jpg

BannisterIsland-Belize4.jpg

Belize.jpg

BannisterIsland-Belize3.jpg

The pictures are great! Is this the island where you're dropped off and cannot leave until the boat returns for you?

The pictures are great! Is this the island where you're dropped off and cannot leave until the boat returns for you?

Thanks, this place is really beautiful. Some of the people on this tour chose not to snorkel. They were dropped off at Bannister Island first then the snorkel group was taken to the snorkel sight. After snorkeling we were taken back to Bannister Island and the crew from Coral Breezes stayed there with us.

We had about an hour to spend there. I really would have loved to spend more time there. We left Bannister and went on the Manatee watch then we returned to the tender location to go back to the ship. The meeting place for Coral Breezes was right next to the ships tender location.

We were just at Bannister Island with Coral Breeze Tours last Thursday. It was sunny to begin with, and then it started pouring and did so for the rest of our time there. We all had a blast anyway. We didn't see any manatees, but we did see several dolphins swimming alongside the boat. The crew was great, and there was complementary packaged water on board (factory sealed plastic bags of purified water).

Was this an excursion that you did on your own??? If so do you have the website. Thanks.

Yes, we did this on our own. The website is www.coralbreezetours.com. I was 100% pleased with this excursion. When I told them this was my first time snorkeling, one of the crew members stayed with me the entire time. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.

RCCL says the Bannister Island is $40. However the coral breeze tours says they charge $50. Anyone know what the difference would be between using RCCL and the coral breeze place?

I think Royal Caribbean is just the beach where as Coral Breeze includes the snorkeling.

RCCL says the Bannister Island is $40. However the coral breeze tours says they charge $50. Anyone know what the difference would be between using RCCL and the coral breeze place?

I saw that Coral Breeze offers the Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling and Bannister Beach Break excursion for $60/pp. We are not really interested in the "Manatee Watch" part of the trip but assume it's on the way back to the port? Anyone know if you can book just a snorkeling trip & Bannister Beach...does not HAVE to be thru Coral Breeze. Also is there any decent snorkeling at Bannister?

One more question....has anyone booked snorkeling excursions AT the port?

Thanks for all the info

I saw that Coral Breeze offers the Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling and Bannister Beach Break excursion for $60/pp. We are not really interested in the "Manatee Watch" part of the trip but assume it's on the way back to the port? Anyone know if you can book just a snorkeling trip & Bannister Beach...does not HAVE to be thru Coral Breeze. Also is there any decent snorkeling at Bannister?

One more question....has anyone booked snorkeling excursions AT the port?

Thanks for all the info

Try Fab Tours ..

http://www.fabtoursbelize.com/fabtours/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=74

Yes, we did this on our own. The website is www.coralbreezetours.com. I was 100% pleased with this excursion. When I told them this was my first time snorkeling, one of the crew members stayed with me the entire time. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.

I am sailing on the Carnival Miracle Jan 15 - will be in Belize Jan 21. I contacted Coral Breezes for the Manatee Watch/Beach Break. They told me they were not able to service Carnival Miracle guests. Any ideas why and any ideas on another tour company? We would really like to go to Bannister Island for the Beach Break. Any help greatly appreciated.:confused:

• 2 years later...

Archived