24/7 soft serve ice cream?

e71465

Your statement makes no sense. Free is bad?

I'd rather pay a nominal fee for very good quality soft-serve without a waiting line. Most recent comments indicate a lower quality than we enjoyed on two prior Princess cruises (some have said it hasn't changed). But free ice cream will surely increase demand and therefore wait times.

I'd rather pay a nominal fee for very good quality soft-serve without a waiting line. Most recent comments indicate a lower quality than we enjoyed on two prior Princess cruises (some have said it hasn't changed). But free ice cream will surely increase demand and therefore wait times.

It happens to be very good and there was never a line. The most I ever encountered were four.

I really enjoyed the good quality soft serve ice cream. There was never a queue of more than a couple of people, certainly a lot less than when they served hard icecream for 1 hour in the HC.

Soft serve ice cream is a relatively new option. The scoops that you bought were hard ice cream. It is more a change than a degradation in quality. If can't be too bad since ever other person was eating ice cream on the Alaska cruise when it was raining and freezing cold - unless they too were just taste testing! :D

So that means the scoops card I still have punches available are ng now?:mad: Also, they had either vanilla or chocolate "sugar free" available. Is there any "sugar free" available now. Boy does this jazz me!!

On my CB cruise in September I decided to try the free soft serve. I went there with no expectations and I was very pleasantly surprised. The soft serve is better than most we get on land in my opinion. The chocolate actually had a nice chocolate flavour and there wasn't any of that nasty grittiness that you often get with soft serve.

not in Alaska;)

Bill

I know this may sound silly but although i love ice cream I don't care for the cones. Will they serve in a cardboard tub if requested ?

A cardboard tub? :eek: That sounds like quite a bit of ice cream! :D

I'm fairly sure they will still serve it in a small dish like they used to when we used to pay for it. I don't particularly care for the wafer cones either.

For about an hour every afternoon, they used to serve free ice cream on one side of the Horizon Court buffet (a couple different flavors and a variety of toppings) on the Crown and Caribbean Princess. Has this been discontinued now that the free soft serve ice cream is available?

For about an hour every afternoon, they used to serve free ice cream on one side of the Horizon Court buffet (a couple different flavors and a variety of toppings) on the Crown and Caribbean Princess. Has this been discontinued now that the free soft serve ice cream is available?

Yes:(

Yep, the hard ice cream they used to sell has been replaced by the free soft serve stuff. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to say it's probably not as good as what you would get in the dining room. I wonder if I go to the dining room if they'll give me a large bowl of the good stuff to go???

I know this may sound silly but although i love ice cream I don't care for the cones. Will they serve in a cardboard tub if requested ?

On the Coral, they did not have dishes or any other vessel. Just cones. Bring your own cup/bowl from the buffet area and they will fill it for you.

Yes! :)

Archived