Island Escape 27/11/09

suzyqholidaygirl

Hi Crinkle

And 3 for us :D.

Another batch gone off this morning. I wouldn't fancy taking off and flying in this wind.:eek: Might be a bit better for us.

Berwyn

My parents took off from palma today and did say the landing was a tad bumpy

I have to admit i tend to brace for it. The bumpier the better for the other half, nutter

No he's quite sane, just like me :D. Does he do all the big rides in the theme parks too. :eek: I love them and I should know better and leave them to people about a quarter of my age.

Good Evening Shipmates

Well Crinkle this time next week we will be enjoying a small apperitife;).

Getting a bit excited now:D.

Ironing all done so just need to pack but still wondering do I need to buy some new clothes:rolleyes:.

Hopefully the weather will have settled down for our trip and we can all have a great time.

Won't be long for you now B. Hope you and DW are all organised as well as the boys...lol.

regards to all

Wilma

Good Evening Shipmates

Ironing all done so just need to pack but still wondering do I need to buy some new clothes:rolleyes:.

Hopefully the weather will have settled down for our trip and we can all have a great time.

Won't be long for you now B. Hope you and DW are all organised as well as the boys...lol.

regards to all

Wilma

Oo we will indeed, its a lovely thought isn't it. All clothes have been washed and ironed. Thursday is packing day, after pets have been packed off for a week.

Good Evening Shipmates

regards to all

Wilma

Hi Wilma

Still no tickets, but otherwise I'm organised. DW definitely not, she's in panic mode till we get off plane at the other end. (or more like on board and in the cabin)

The boys? No chance not yet. As long as they've got clean stuff in the cases and folded.

youngest lad is the problem he dosen't finish work in Huddersfield until Thursday evening and got to travel to North Wales and we leave the house at 3 a.m. Friday for the 7 a.m. flight.:eek:

Please excuse any bad spelling etc. , just finished 12hour night shift. i'm only off tonight and then back in tomorrow night

Only good thing is I've only got 7 more shiifts to do before I'm on holiday for the week before we go

Berwyn

me and my girlfriend are also on this cruise on the 27th, in the ticket book it says any duty free alcohol bought on the ship can be consumed in your room, but other people have said that you cant have it until you leave the ship on your last day, anybody know which is true as we like a drink while getting ready etc and are not on all inclusive, also anyone have any drinks prices for champagne in the bars is it the same as in the duty free shops of bar prices?

me and my girlfriend are also on this cruise on the 27th, in the ticket book it says any duty free alcohol bought on the ship can be consumed in your room, but other people have said that you cant have it until you leave the ship on your last day, anybody know which is true as we like a drink while getting ready etc and are not on all inclusive, also anyone have any drinks prices for champagne in the bars is it the same as in the duty free shops or bar prices?

me and my girlfriend are also on this cruise on the 27th, in the ticket book it says any duty free alcohol bought on the ship can be consumed in your room, but other people have said that you cant have it until you leave the ship on your last day, anybody know which is true as we like a drink while getting ready etc and are not on all inclusive, also anyone have any drinks prices for champagne in the bars is it the same as in the duty free shops or bar prices?

Now you see I was wondering, a similar thing. I'd assumed like on the Destiny you could buy what you wanted (on or off ship) and take it to your cabin. But read recently that only non alcoholic drinks can be bought from shops and consumed in cabin. Not a major issue, just a bit of a niggle really. Guess I'll be smuggling in, wrapped up in a beach towel lol

Hi Crinkle and Bobby here's the extract from Thomson's website

Liquor

Where the fare paid by a Passenger includes victualling, it does not also include wines, spirits, beer, mineral waters or other liquors. These are available for purchase on board at fixed prices and Passengers are not permitted to take on board any such liquors for use during the voyage whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise.

The Carrier and/or its servants and/or agents may confiscate alcohol brought onboard by Passengers. Such alcohol will be returned to the Passengers at the end of the cruise.

Berwyn

Hi Crinkle and Bobby here's the extract from Thomson's website

Liquor

Where the fare paid by a Passenger includes victualling, it does not also include wines, spirits, beer, mineral waters or other liquors. These are available for purchase on board at fixed prices and Passengers are not permitted to take on board any such liquors for use during the voyage whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise.

The Carrier and/or its servants and/or agents may confiscate alcohol brought onboard by Passengers. Such alcohol will be returned to the Passengers at the end of the cruise.

Berwyn

Ah well, never mind. Strange how they never bother on other thomson ships. Checked with parents and celebration didn't check either. Least we can bring soft drinks on board

That came from the main Thomson Cruise part of the website so I thought it should apply to all ships. Says Conditions of Carriage When Cruising With Thomson, not just to the Escape.

Maybe they just aren't too strict. Its not as if I plan on clanking on board, with all my bottles of booze lol.

In fact they can't be too strict, as I remember parents had cabin steward supply ice, so they could have G&T on ice.

Other half doesn't care one bit, just as long as he can get his fizzy pop and water :rolleyes:

Two days left at work as well now too...:D

thats kinda gone off the subject of what i asked, what i was asking was if any alcohol bought in one of the on board duty-free shops could be consumed in your room, in the ticket book it says it can, but ive heard a range of different storys from cruisers. From what i hear though as far as brining it on-board it is just a hit and miss chance of getting it on whether its against the rules or not, but i cant be bothered with that but wouldnt mind saving a bit by buying the duty-free in the room!

Just back on the booze thing again - The Arecife(last stop) Island chat says "You can take your liquor this evening from 18:30" - I remember we called in the shop last Thursday and all the bags were out ready for collection.

thank you cymro, we're really not the penny pinching type but why not get more for your money? haha!! who else is going this friday? im going to be proposing to my girlfriend on this cruise any ideas where would be the best place to do it?

Wow, you old romantic you....

For peace, lot's of places up top, assuming the weather is ok!

For public, have a chat with one of the entertainment staff!

Good Luck!

Wow, you old romantic you....

For peace, lot's of places up top, assuming the weather is ok!

For public, have a chat with one of the entertainment staff!

Good Luck!

Thank you, i think ill probably go for public as we're a young couple and she's always up for a laugh! Just out of interest how much are you guys taking as spending money for the week baring in mind we dont want to watch the pennys at all, not sure how much to actually get in euros and how much to have in the bank for the boat, how much have your ship bills come too for 2 of you approximately? now i know everyones different but im just trying to get a round about figure, i really didnt want to take my card as i only use the account for paying bills and dont want to come back to unpaid ones! anyone else used cash to pay ship bill?

Thank you, i think ill probably go for public as we're a young couple and she's always up for a laugh! Just out of interest how much are you guys taking as spending money for the week baring in mind we dont want to watch the pennys at all, not sure how much to actually get in euros and how much to have in the bank for the boat, how much have your ship bills come too for 2 of you approximately? now i know everyones different but im just trying to get a round about figure, i really didnt want to take my card as i only use the account for paying bills and dont want to come back to unpaid ones! anyone else used cash to pay ship bill?

Hi Bobby, You're a brave man, I wouldn't do it in public. But I'm the quiet, shy retiring type :).

We tend to take about £100 per couple per port, but it does depend what you are doing ashore. E.g. If you do a ship's excursion i found we spend less than D.I.Y. in Port. And If you DIY in Funchal, you'll need cash for the HOHO bus, the cable car and the toboggan ride for example.

We've taken U.S. $1 notes for Morocco. It's a closed currency and you can't bring it out. And they'll take anything, Euros, dollars or pounds.

You can pay account by cash on the ship, but you will have to pay some upfront and then top it up later in the week if necessary.

Berwyn

Archived