Australia/New Zealand Question

Muggie

We are going on the Diamond Princess on the Australia/New Zealand cruise and was wondering for anyone who has been on this cruise in previous years could you let me know, if it is American Beer and American style food on this Cruise, i.e. like the Caribbean Cruises??? Thanks in advance for answering.

We are going on the Diamond Princess on the Australia/New Zealand cruise and was wondering for anyone who has been on this cruise in previous years could you let me know, if it is American Beer and American style food on this Cruise, i.e. like the Caribbean Cruises??? Thanks in advance for answering.

Hi, you will get a lot more people replying over on the P&O Australia board.

Yes, you will get both sorts of beer and the food is standard Princess fair - same as every ship you go on. :) mummsie

They will be using the regular Princess menus, but will intersperse regional foods as well.

All food on cruise ships must meet the strict hygeine standards set by US authourities,

so you will find the food will remain the same as you are used to.

Its either all loaded on board before the ship leaves the States or there will be container loads waiting at selected ports.

Likewise ,any regional dishes taken on board must also meet the strict standards laid down.

vegemite(sp) we are canadians and this was our 1st experience with that australian food item:eek:

Only when requested it is spirited out from the kitchen for Aussie patrons,and even at breakfast.

I guess it must be an acquired taste. Like I always watch in quiet silent horror:eek:;)(very straight face) when I see snails being eaten at dinner UG.

Oh another horror seen in UK person eating raw tripe..oh my god it sends shivers up my back :eek:;) Well lets all get in the mood for Hallows;) Eve

Only when requested it is spirited out from the kitchen for Aussie patrons,and even at breakfast.

I guess it must be an acquired taste.

That is when we most Aussies eat vegemite. On toast for breakfast - delicious. We are leaving tomorrow for a 24 day cruise from Athens and packed into my suitcase is a small jar of vegemite. The last few cruises I haven't taken it with me but I did miss it earlier this year when we were on a Far North Asia cruise and I decided this time I would bring it along. ;)

Jennie

That is when we most Aussies eat vegemite. On toast for breakfast - delicious. We are leaving tomorrow for a 24 day cruise from Athens and packed into my suitcase is a small jar of vegemite. The last few cruises I haven't taken it with me but I did miss it earlier this year when we were on a Far North Asia cruise and I decided this time I would bring it along. ;)

Jennie

Oh Jennie, take me with you! I will bring the tim tams :D

Eileen,

We are counting down the hours until we leave for Athens. We are so looking forward to this cruise and our time in the U.S. at the end of the cruise.

Jennie

I don't blame you, lucky duck! I am looking forward to Feb when we visit the US for the first time. We were considering a med cruise in 2011, however, the price we got for the Diamond from Asia to Canada via

Alaska was too good to pass up. Maybe 2012.

If it's Aussie beer it will be cold, strong and full of flavour, damn I hope you don't get that other stuff :eek:

If it's American food it will be fatty, bland and full of starch, damn I hope you get the other stuff :D

I guess it must be an acquired taste. Like I always watch in quiet silent horror:eek:;)(very straight face) when I see snails being eaten at dinner UG.

Oh another horror seen in UK person eating raw tripe..oh my god it sends shivers up my back :eek:;) Well lets all get in the mood for HallowsEve

Nothing wrong with a bit of tripe with pepper and vinegar......:D:D

several days on shore in both NZ and OZ we went to local restaurants and had the seafood trays that had several types of lobster, prawns, urchin, oysters and mussels and they were terrific as well as expensive. These were the highlight of our dining on that cruise. I think we did it in 4 ports. Also went to the market in Melbourne and bought cheese and the thin wafer crackers to enjoy w/drinks in our cabin.

Archived