Carseat

abbyrose

We are in a debate if we should bring along our DD's carseat, she will be just 2 months shy of being 3. Don't plan to take any taxi rides or at least we don't think we need to. So is leaving it at home going to be ok?? Carseats are huge and heavy and ours is, steal frame! HEAVY! Opinions?

We are in a debate if we should bring along our DD's carseat, she will be just 2 months shy of being 3. Don't plan to take any taxi rides or at least we don't think we need to. So is leaving it at home going to be ok?? Carseats are huge and heavy and ours is, steal frame! HEAVY! Opinions?

Yes, I can guarantee you won't need it and will never be in an accident.

Read this thread, especially post #18:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1032995

Buy a lighter seat for travel.

I see that JoeySafe is approved for car travel, but not for airplane travel. To me, it looks better than the CARES which is approved for the plane, but not the car.

Has anyone used Joey on the plane? I have an almost 3 year old. My understanding is that he is not required to have ANY special seat on the plane. We have always brougt CARES or a carseat. depending on what we needed at our destination. I'm just thinking that maybe we could use Joey for both car and plane.

I see that JoeySafe is approved for car travel, but not for airplane travel. To me, it looks better than the CARES which is approved for the plane, but not the car.

Has anyone used Joey on the plane? I have an almost 3 year old. My understanding is that he is not required to have ANY special seat on the plane. We have always brougt CARES or a carseat. depending on what we needed at our destination. I'm just thinking that maybe we could use Joey for both car and plane.

I use it on the plane too! I did notice it has no official FAA approval but I had no problems.

I see that JoeySafe is approved for car travel, but not for airplane travel.

I use it on the plane too! I did notice it has no official FAA approval but I had no problems.

I would be hesitent to use anything that is not FAA approved on a plane. Especially with younger (or smaller) kids. We always took a car seat for our kids til they were out of them(around age 4 or 4.5). Yes it was a pain--took extra manuveuring in the airport/on the plane, they were big and hard to lug but I would not want to compromise my kids safety for my own convenience. Take the seats.

Archived