Miracle Review Oct 19-27 2009

TakeMeAway1001

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, reviews are fun but can be time consuming especially when I have to actually cook a meal tonight :)

The health form was a short yes/no questionnaire asking if you have been sick/been around someone who is sick, had vomiting or diarrhea etc. These may not be the exact ?'s but something to that effect.

I do have to get dinner ready for the family but I will be back shortly to work on our first full sea day :)

Tuesday October 20th- Sea Day

We woke up early and when I pulled back the drapes expecting to see sun I was bummed out to find it dark and misting.

2751960710104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

The day was a wash but we had a lot of fun on board, checking out the shops and having drinks and chatting with other cruises. We also set up our on board internet account and attempted to use the laptop in our cabin and while it took a few minutes it worked ok, this however would be short lived, more on this later. Today we walked around, read and actually took a nap since the sun wasn’t making an appearance.

We did make an attempt to sit outdoors but as you can see by the pool the weather wasn't great!

2547175240104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

2962359040104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

2500970860104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

In our short time outside we did witness security asking guests to remove their drinks from the hot tub and the guests obgliging

2308527910104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

2472691390104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

Tonight was our first Cruise Elegant evening and DH and I were looking forward to it, we got ready and headed out for some formal pictures and a few pre dinner drinks. We went down to the Atrium to listen to the piano player but I have to say I thought he was horrible, the piano part was good but his voice wasn’t appealing and we ended up leaving. We walked back to the area where our dining room was to find a huge line of people, we sat down in the lounge area and waited for the dining room to open up and when it did the line moved quickly and we made our way into the dining room.

2117570090104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

I did attempt to take pictures of the menus on the in cabin tv and to also take pictures of our meals however my Pomtini (my favorite on board drink) brain took over and I never seemed to remember so I apologize for that.

2578904410104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

The food was great, I am not sure why but I always enjoy the food and there is a nice variety to choose from. I noticed that the dining room no longer serves the yummy sundried tomato bread I was fond of but I left the dining room completely content. Tonight was also the night I listed with Carnival to celebrate our Anniversary but when the came out with cake and sang to our tablemates celebrating their honeymoon I realized that they had forgotten to do ours, no biggie I excused myself to go to the restroom and covertly spoke with one of the dining room staff who promised to take care of it on Wednesday.

Our observation of Cruise Elegant Night was there weren't many people who dressed up, people didn't look bad but many didn't put much effort into it at all and it really isn't too hard to dress nicely.

Tonight was also the Captain’s Celebration/Meet & Greet along the Promenade Deck, they offered $1.00 off all drinks. We walked by but it was really crowded so we just decided to watch it from level three in the area overlooking the Atrium.

My camera was acting up so the pictures came out horrible but I thought I would post them anyhow.

2410227160104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

Captain Rocco Lubrano~ I thought he was so handsome and drove DH nuts by repeatedly telling him so

2738203150104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

2006120120104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

The Captain and his officers spoke from the 3rd Floor and the guests were down on the 2nd level, I know at some point the Captain and his officers were down on the 2nd level mingling but I wasn't there for the whole event so I am not sure if that was before or after he spoke.

The show tonight was the Generations Show and there were two seating’s which works out much better than the one late show. We had no problem finding seat and usually only had less than an hour to kill before going to get seats for the 8:45pm show.

The one thing I dislike is the seat saving, this one group constantly reserved a whole row in the Phantom Lounge, I even witnessed them telling a senior citizen with a cane that the seats were taken, this is rude! As the week went on I realized that they just didn’t care and they were loud and obnoxious and treated the staff poorly.

Thankfully they were the only really rude people I saw the whole time which is great considering how many people were on the ship.

The show was fun and we chose to stay up for the Rated R Comic/ Mike Panzeca at 12:00am, I barely made it but it was a good time and I was glad I did. I don’t really even remember my head hitting the pillow but it seemed like morning was here way too soon.

This was our visitor tonight~

2373919520104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

Just wondering why when I click on the drinks list and the capers link all I see is the front page of each??

Ave

Clicking on it should take you to Webshots where in the top right area you will see a place that says next with an arrow, click on that to go through the capers :)

Sorry that I haven't been back to post another day, we just found out that our credit card was used to purchase a $1000 camera while we were away.

The only time we took out our card was at the Westin and at the Carnival check in counter, the purchase was made the day after we checked out of the Westin :(

It's stuff like this that ticks me off, I called Citi right before we left and gave them specifics on dates/locations yet they let a charge go through like that that didn't correspond with where we were at the time.

This happened to us once before when we used the card at a hotel in Palm Springs, when we were at the aiport heading home Citi called to let us know there had been $3000 worth of computer parts ordered from an address in NJ :mad:

I won't be able to post the review and pics from work tomorrow so the next day won't be until I get home tomorrow, thanks for reading :)

When I click on it I only see the front no arrows anywhere on that screen. Is there a way I can go right to webshots some how??

Great review! Can't wait until next November as we will be doing the new itinerary!

Thanks for you help,

Ave

When I click on it I only see the front no arrows anywhere on that screen. Is there a way I can go right to webshots some how??

Great review! Can't wait until next November as we will be doing the new itinerary!

Thanks for you help,

Ave

If you look on the right of the front page (above the ad) there are prev and next arrow options. You can also go to the bottome of the pic, there are buttons w/ and envelope, magnifying glass, album, negative, etc. If you click on the album, it will show you all the scans and you can choose which one to look at.

Also, you can click on this link http://community.webshots.com/user/snipergal8541 and you can choose from the different albums that are there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for you help,

Ave

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2471878780104170056KEPBTO

When you get to the page do you see a large bright green area saying Download this photo?? Above that you should see two boxes one says "click here to see all" and the other one says next and it's a blank white box... under those small boxes it says PREV NEXT, that is where the rest of them are. Even though it is blank click on them and it should work :) There is also an option that says Full Album that brings you to all of them. Let me know~

I couldn't see the shots on Firefox, but then went to aol browser and saw them all beautifully. Next Wednesday for us so this is much appreciated. Gotta get a little taste.

Thanks again..........

Tonight was our first Cruise Elegant evening and DH and I were looking forward to it, we got ready and headed out for some formal pictures and a few pre dinner drinks. We went down to the Atrium to listen to the piano player but I have to say I thought he was horrible, the piano part was good but his voice wasn’t appealing and we ended up leaving. We walked back to the area where our dining room was to find a huge line of people, we sat down in the lounge area and waited for the dining room to open up and when it did the line moved quickly and we made our way into the dining room.

2117570090104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

You guys clean up real nice. i guess I missed that.

I can't believe you got all this done already , We really enjoyed meeting you guys and had a wonderful time . Hope we can do it again sometime. We will probably book the new Iten for next Oct with alex and tanya .

Good luck in life guys and with such great attitudes you will go far.

Tom

Archived