What's free? What's not?

jburke1566

You only pay for the supper club if you so choose to partake. Sushi and foo-foo coffees are also a little extra' date=' as well as, soda and alcohol. It is very possible to go the entire cruise and NEVER reach in your pocket when it comes to eating and beverages.[/quote']

Sushi is free.

Sushi is free.

Yup... but the sake isn't, but it's priced great. The desserts at the coffee bar are HUGE and very cheap. You don't have to buy any additional food if you don't want. As mentioned, soda, smoothies, some juices, alcohol, bottled water are all at a charge. Also, don't drink the big bottle of water or sodas in your cabin either unless you want a bill for it :p

I too am confused. I still have no clue what to expect in the MDR. Also, I am happy drinking water but cannot get any idea if you can ask any bar to refill your bottle with tap water or if there are drinking fountains or you have to go to the Lido deck drink stations.

Here is what I think I know (today anyway):

-- if you get a drink from the "drink stations", it should be free

-- if you get juice or milk, regular coffee or tea from room service or in MDR, it should be free

-- if you get a specialty drink from somewhere else:

any bar - alcohol, soda or juice, coffee, tea, bottled water

the coffee shop,

the fridge in your room

expect to pay for it

I just plan to do what I think I understand and check my onboard account

(which I understand you can do from the TV in your room) frequently

to see if I was right. If I see a charge for something that I thought was

free, then I'll know. :confused:

From what I have seen of the capers and bar menus and such that people have posted, Carnival posts the prices of things right on the menus so you can choose for yourself.

I too am confused. I still have no clue what to expect in the MDR. Also, I am happy drinking water but cannot get any idea if you can ask any bar to refill your bottle with tap water or if there are drinking fountains or you have to go to the Lido deck drink stations.

-- if you get juice or milk, regular coffee or tea from room service or in MDR, it should be free

the coffee shop,

the fridge in your room

expect to pay for it

From what I have seen of the capers and bar menus and such that people have posted, Carnival posts the prices of things right on the menus so you can choose for yourself.

No, there are places to get water at all the juice/coffee stations. Although once I gave one of the lido bar waiters a good tip and he would bring me water everytime he came by :)

If you are ever in doubt, just ask. Generally, if there is a charge, you will know it long before needing to see it on your bill because you will be signing for it :)

the coffee shop,

the fridge in your room

expect to pay for it

You've pretty much broken the code...

A few things... some ships don't have the interactive TVs so you can't count on being able to do that. You can ask for a copy of your purchases at the Purser's... ooops... Guest Services Desk.

The fridge in your cabin should be locked. If it's not ask the cabin steward to make sure nothing has been taken and then lock it. You'll be charged for anything missing.

:)

I'm confused about the deli, the baked goods.....EXACTLY what kind of foods on the ship do you have to pay for?

Well, none of it's free. It's "INCLUDED". That includes all dinners and courses in the MDR, the bistro (lido deck) offerings, as well as room service.

Extra would be the Supper Club on the ships that have them, for a $30 upgrade, including tip.

Sodas, mixed drinks, and all things bottled, are extra, as well as coffee at the "coffee shop", and baked goodies at the "bakery". These are all extra graded goodies that never need to be purchased, but hard to pass if you stare long enough.

It sounds so much more complicated on a message board than it is when you are on the ship :D

If you are lucky enough to be on a ship that has "tea time" on sea days... and you love desserts... GO. It is very quiet and laid back. Many people dress up for it, but it is not a requirement. A variety of hot tea, little snacks and wonderful desserts are served and there is no charge. It is usually hidden away in a cigar bar, and buried in the capers so many people miss it.

My kids (27, 17 and 17) went every sea day, faithfully. The waiters were highly amused because most of the folks that partake are a bit older. My kids had lovely manners and were so appreciative of the desserts that the waiters just started serving them extra servings of anything chocolate. The kids talked us into going one day and it was really enjoyable.

Archived