Your Snuggie and the Dress Code

babyher

I just checked my email and, of course, this board. Huh.

My comment: who sits like that? No really. Don't they look a little uncomfortable. Would you do that? Even if it were 50 degrees in the WHouse, which I seriously doubt. That is a silly enough picture. Look at their hands and arms. Seriously uncomfortable.

You do know about Photo Shop don't you ?

Now did you ever think they were on their way to or from the spa or pool ?

The only people I ever saw going to the Lido buffet in robes were folks who wanted to grab some breakfast or coffee before they got dressed.

As for suse not knowing about photoshop, please don't spoil it for her. I'm sure that she saw that picture and thought immediately that the President and his wife would 1) wear snuggies and 2) allow someone to take pics of them wearing them.:rolleyes:

The only people I ever saw going to the Lido buffet in robes were folks who wanted to grab some breakfast or coffee before they got dressed.

As for suse not knowing about photoshop, please don't spoil it for her. I'm sure that she saw that picture and thought immediately that the President and his wife would 1) wear snuggies and 2) allow someone to take pics of them wearing them.:rolleyes:

You're talking about someone here who still believes in the Easter Bunny.:)

We may laugh at all this Infomercial "As Seen on TV" stuff. But they do BIG business.

And I've always said, I want just ONE big idea in my lifetime (the sooner the better). I started saying that when pet rocks were popular, before infomercial TV. Now I don't know if it would even need to be that good an idea...

My favourite people in bath robes were the ones waiting for the elevator on formal night. They MUST have been on their way from/to the pool/spa.

Our elevator opened (full of people in their finest evening wear). We stared at them, they stared at us, then the husband said...

"oh Damn, we were supposed to dress UP!?!?!"

The door closed on our collective laughter...

Deb

I don't see a problem with someone wearing a bathrobe at the pool and putting it on to go to the pool bar. What is the difference between the bathrobe and some of the wraps that people wear?

I wear my bathrobe to go from my cabin to the spa. I would not wear it to go to Front Desk or any other inside public area though.

Maybe the lady at Front Desk was in the shower and had a problem so went to sort it out.

Edited: to say that just re-read and it was a couple at Front Desk. Maybe they were both in the shower ;)

As long as they don't start letting people wear them to the MDR on formal night, I think we'll be fine. ;)

Now did you ever think they were on their way to or from the spa or pool ?

AND, if I were at the pool say, and there was an urgent or upsetting problem, youbetcha I would be at the Front Desk in my robe.

I hope I didn't offend...I was trying to be funny since the previous poster had mentioned seeing a woman in a robe at night, and I had seen several during the day. It didn't upset me in the least that people were in their robes. In fact, if you think about it, this could be the new trend in cruisewear - think of all the clothes we could leave at home if we just wore our robes around the ship all day! :D

Another board was having a good time with this thread.

You anyone bring their Snuggie (those new blanket things with sleeves ) on a cruise

Granted they are more suitable for an Alaska cruise than a Carribbean.

But do you think they would be suitable to wear in the lido or walking around on deck?

They sure do look toasty *LOL*

Speaking of Snuggies, I was in a store recently and saw Snuggie's for dogs! Blue (for boys) and pink (for girls!).

Speaking of Snuggies, I was in a store recently and saw Snuggie's for dogs! Blue (for boys) and pink (for girls!).

*LOL* I saw them.

I have a 70lb Pit Bull. There is no way she would let me put that thing on her :)

My little sister got one for my brother as a gag gift a few years ago and we all wished we could've had one too!!! Loved them! :D But I am a child of the 60's-70's and they were quite the rage for a while - along with Klick-Klacks!!!

We are probably right around the same age.

I grew up with all those "dangerous toys" that make the child safety advocates cringe today. And admit it, we had a ball :)

How did we ever survive all those devices of torture we played with. *LOL*

I hope I didn't offend...I was trying to be funny since the previous poster had mentioned seeing a woman in a robe at night, and I had seen several during the day. It didn't upset me in the least that people were in their robes. In fact, if you think about it, this could be the new trend in cruisewear - think of all the clothes we could leave at home if we just wore our robes around the ship all day! :D

Better that they should have their robes on. The Maasdam was once chartered to a nudist group in 2007 so it could be worse.

y'all have made my day. thanks!

(of course it would be easier if all we ladies had to take was a snuggle.....put it on to eat breakfast on your verandah, with a visor and bathing suit for lunch at the pool, with pearls and heels for formal night. in fact, you could take second pair of heels and diamond necklace and earrings for second formal night, the stores onboard could sell different types of belts to wear with the snuggle. the possibilities are endless:rolleyes:

I've worked too many years in hospitals to find a Snuggie something to die for.... all a Snuggie is a long fuzzy hospital Johnnie. The idea of a bare backside framed by a leopard printed Snuggie walking by me on the Promenade Deck just might be enough to cause me to jump ship.

Archived