Strange Rate Change on my 8A

SAC69

I am on 5 day on the Triumph next March 29th and have a 8A L shaped cabin with an extended balcony. I have ES so I watch the rates like we all do. Here's what I'm scratching my head over. 8A is the lowest category for a balcony and I booked a rate of $629 PP last month. Luckily for me the L shaped cabins with the big balcony are the best deal on the ship. There are only 6 I think on the ship and all are now sold. I check today and all 8A cabins are now $719, 8B's are $619 and 8C's are $629, the original rate I paid for an 8A. That makes no sense to me. I know Carnival is changing and repricing some categories but this doesn't look to be the reason because there are no new categories. Why would a 8A now cost more than any other category 8 cabin???? Any ideas??? Thanks.

There are no 8A prices under Early Saver, thats why 8A is more expensive, when you check a different rate code. They pulled them from ES.

Tomorrow Triumph categories will change, so you might luck out and get a category that has a price drop?? look tomorrow, you might not still be a 8A with that L shaped, who knows.

... for whatever reason, Carnival marketing is trying to get folks to book higher category baconys right now ... I see enough 8As left, they could come back ... but tomorrows category change is going to chop them up into more categorys.

Fire, I curious about what they are going to do about the 6Ds and the lower classed balconies with the cat change. Hopefully it bring the prices closer together again. I should have self up-graded myself when they were only $50 apart. Now it is closer to $150. The way they keep jacking the prices around is definetly confusing. The deck plans are currently not working. Note says -under construction/maintaince. Inputing the new cabins codes?

Yep. I pulled up Conquest, whose categorys changed last Friday and the L shaped are still the same price as the balconys around them ... so looks like you will still be a 8A, ... keep watching, the 8As might be included again in ES. I couldnt find my category then all the sudden a TA must have been holding a bunch of them, because now there are tons, wasnt sold out, just a TA probably held a bunch.

Too bad, as looks like you would have had a 8A price drop today too, I bet you are saying darn.

I have ES with the 8A I have because I was told my deposit was not refundable. All 8A's were $629 until yesterday.

Fire means that there are no 8As currently available under early saver. When you click balcony under early saver, 8B is the lowest category available. That is why the price seems different.

Fire, I curious about what they are going to do about the 6Ds and the lower classed balconies with the cat change. Hopefully it bring the prices closer together again. I should have self up-graded myself when they were only $50 apart. Now it is closer to $150. The way they keep jacking the prices around is definetly confusing.

I dont know, but Im looking at Conquest ... and dont see any 6Ds!!! The ones aft on Main deck are now 6Bs. go figure :(

(Im in a 6D too on Triumph one leg)

I dont know, but Im looking at Conquest ... and dont see any 6Ds!!! The ones aft on Main deck are now 6Bs. go figure :(

(Im in a 6D too on Triumph one leg)

I tried to get it set up with work to do the B2B with you but could not swing it. One useless meeting that I can not get out of. I am so ready to fully retire again. This semi-retired mess is killing me quickly.

Darn....So they sell enough of the 8A, remove the rest from ES, and raise the price higher than every other cat 8? I may as well upgrade to a 9A wrap.

the 9As are showing $899!!! $270 per person to upgrade. I think Id keep my L shaped cabin!!!

The 9As are going to change to 9A, 9B, and 9C tomorrow, (or possibly at midnight tonight). so they can charge more for the higher decks.

I think the discrepancy has to do with Carnival's current 72 hour sale that upgrades 8As to 8Cs for free. When I look at my cruise (which is highly unlikely to be sold out of 8As already since it isn't until late September 2010) on the Carnival site it shows no 8A cabins available. But if you go to that big travel site that begins with "O" they have 8A cabins with a free 2 category upgrade.

I think the big travel sties just reserved a block of all the 8A cabins for the duration of this sale, hoping to lure in people with the two category upgrade. The ironic twist is that the 8As with the upgrade to 8C are going for $789, and if you just buy the 8C to start with it's less at $719. So it's no bargain at all, really.

My guess is that once this sale is over the 8A cabins on your cruise will go back to being $10 cheaper than the current 8B price, or $609, assuming there really are some left.

Fire, do you agree that the L shaped cabin is a good value?

You bet!!! sorry I had to take my dad to the doctor to get some stitches removed and drove home thru Dallas rush hour. Just got home.

Id love a L shaped balcony, but I love cabins a little out of the ordinary a lot.

Archived