Saved a Pile of Money! Family specials on some sailings

ckrobyn

Just an FYI - RCI has some kind of "family" special going on right now for my sailing, so I think it is probably being offered on other sailings as well.

Junior Suites for 3 or more people on the AOS for the March 14/10 sailing are $1149, and the third person in the cabin is $259.

The rate is only good on cabins that can hold 3 or more people.

I was booked in a GS for this week, but changed to a JS to save almost $2500!!!!! :D:D

Just an FYI - RCI has some kind of "family" special going on right now for my sailing, so I think it is probably being offered on other sailings as well.

Junior Suites for 3 or more people on the AOS for the March 14/10 sailing are $1149, and the third person in the cabin is $259.

I was booked in a GS for this week, but changed to a JS to save almost $2500!!!!! :D:D

Im with you. I just saved a pile of money too. Someone posted this on my LB 1/10/10 Roll Call and as a result I switched to the Indy 8-night cruise on 1/9/10.

Pricing for Indy for Double Occupency was:

E1 - $1239/pp

JS - $1799/pp

With the Sale - I booked 3 people for:

JS - $899 (1st/2nd) and $250 (3rd/4th).

I saved a TON of money by having 3 in a JS. Heck it was even cheaper to get a JS with 3 people than it was to have 2 people in an E1. DW and I, have no kids, so we called a friend and said MERRY XMAS you got a free cruise if you go in our room with us.

I have never sailed in a JS or above, I am so excited.

Im with you. I just saved a pile of money too. Someone posted this on my LB 1/10/10 Roll Call and as a result I switched to the Indy 8-night cruise on 1/9/10.

Pricing for Indy for Double Occupency was:

E1 - $1239/pp

JS - $1799/pp

With the Sale - I booked 3 people for:

JS - $899 (1st/2nd) and $250 (3rd/4th).

I saved a TON of money by having 3 in a JS. Heck it was even cheaper to get a JS with 3 people than it was to have 2 people in an E1. DW and I, have no kids, so we called a friend and said MERRY XMAS you got a free cruise if you go in our room with us.

I have never sailed in a JS or above, I am so excited.

That's awesome! Congrats on booking your first JS :) You will love the extra space, and of course the walk in closet!

I also saved pretty big. Went from a D1 balc to a JS and got a 409.00 credit back. So excited. JS went down plus the cost of the 3/4 pass went from 569 to 250.50. Thats where most of our savings came from.Our friends saved 709.00 and also went from D1 to JS. Needless to say they really love me now.

Yeah, Liberty has it too for the 11/15/09 sailing.....RCCL is calling the special "Girlfriends Getaway" ITs a great deal for people with 3 or more in a cabin....the 11/15 sailing also has D1 for 749 for the first 2 and 250 for 3 and 4...its a good deal....bummer there are only two of us going.......

Can someone clue me in on how to find these deals? I could be tempted for January if the price is right. Thanks

I am not sure how you can find them easily, but from my search I saw that the Liberty and Indy sailings in Jan 2010 had the special rate. To see the low rate you have to select 3 or more in a stateroom. The LB 1/24/10 still has JS available for the special price.

Majesty of the Seas®

3/4-Night Bahamas

January 4, 8, 11, 22, 25, 29; February 9, 19, 22, 26;

March 1, 5, 8, 12, 22; April 5, 2010

Departing from Miami, Florida

Stateroom for 4 Starting from:

$766*†

Monarch of the Seas®

3/4-Night Bahamas

January 11, 18, 22, 25, 29; February 5, 8, 19, 22, 26;

March 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 22, 29, 2010

Departing from Port Canaveral, Florida

$746*†

Mariner of the Seas®

7-Night Mexican Riviera

January 10, 17, 24, 31; February 7, 21, 28; March 7, 14, 21, 2010

Departing from Los Angeles, California

$1,188*†

Liberty of the Seas®

7-Night Eastern Caribbean

January 10, 24; February 7, 21; March 7, 21, 2010

$1,699*†

Independence of the Seas®

6/8-NightWestern/EasternCaribbean

January 3, 9, 17, 23, 31; February 6, 20, 28, 2010

Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

$1,499*†

Navigator of the Seas®

4/5-NightWestern Caribbean

February 4, 13, 18, 22; March 4, 13; April 1, 2010

$1,049*†

Grandeur of the Seas®

4/5-NightWestern Caribbean

January 23; February 1, 6; March 1; April 8, 2010

Departing from Tampa, Florida

$1,099*†

Adventure of the Seas®

7-Night Southern Caribbean

January 3, 10, 24; March 14, 2010

Departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico

$1,599*†

Serenade of the Seas®

7-Night Southern Caribbean

January 9, 16, 23, 30; February 6, 2010

Departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico

$1,549*†

Explorer of the Seas®

10-Night Eastern Caribbean

January 14, 2010

Departing from Cape Liberty,

Bayonne, New Jersey

$2,249*†

Stateroom for 4 Starting from: $2,599*†

12/13-Night Southern Caribbean

January 24 & March 28, 2010

Departing from Cape Liberty,

Bayonne, New Jersey

Some amazing deals if you want to share a stateroom. :rolleyes: However, there is no way we are going to go on vacation and share our stateroom with our children, or anyone else. :D

To the poster that asked about breakfast in Portofino's on the AOS...NO, you cannot order breakfast there, but you can take your plate all the way from the Windjammer and eat in Portofino's if you prefer. We thought this would be too much of a hassle, until we had trouble finding seats in the Windjammer. Several times, we ended up carrying our plates and eating there for breakfast and lunch. :) Very nice, but it felt odd eating there for lunch when we had on bathing suits/cover ups, not to mention being sweaty.:D

Yes. Call or go on line to see the list. Also we just booked a land adventure with Disney and they gave us a free 3 night( ocean view) cruise on the Wonder.

Gee, what type of "land adventure" did you book? Our first cruise was on the Disney Wonder. We booked a land/sea deal through AAA. No free cruise.

I don't see the discounted rates online. Maybe the sale is over. I am going to call and see.

Gee, what type of "land adventure" did you book? Our first cruise was on the Disney Wonder. We booked a land/sea deal through AAA. No free cruise.

We booked the Adventures by D*sney to Alaska for a week. Disney threw in the cruise good until the end of 2011. It was a nice surprize. It is a seperate group and like boulders stated it is top rate like most things Disney does.

Where are you seeng these specials? I cannot find them?? "Girlfriends Getaway"?

OTE - They are on specific sailings. You need to make sure you are entering 3 in a cabin or you cannot see the special rate. We got the special for the AOS a few days ago, and now when I check for it, it's gone.....maybe it was only for a limited time?

OTE - They are on specific sailings. You need to make sure you are entering 3 in a cabin or you cannot see the special rate. We got the special for the AOS a few days ago, and now when I check for it, it's gone.....maybe it was only for a limited time?

Yes, I think they are all gone. I checked the sailings mentioned on this thread and can't see any "specials". Oh well, thought I might sneak in an extra cruise, but I guess not. :(

Yes, I think they are all gone. I checked the sailings mentioned on this thread and can't see any "specials". Oh well, thought I might sneak in an extra cruise, but I guess not. :(

Yah - the special rate I snagged a few days ago for our AOS cruise is gone too :rolleyes:

It may be worth calling to see if there are still some specials left on various sailings?

I just checked the sailing I am on 1-9-10 and the special is still there.

They price for balcony for double occupancy starts at: $1199/pp

However, if you select 3+ in a stateroom thsi is what you get:

E1 = $799pp (1st/2nd) + $250 (3rd/4th)

D1 = $849pp (1st/2nd) + $250 (3rd/4th)

They have no more JS that hold 3+ people so you will not see the special rate offered. So it looks like they are still offering the special price, as long as the category still has rooms for 3+ guests.

Archived