Piano Bar - Mariner ?

I loved the Piano Bar on Carnival Freedom. Is there a dedicated spot for a Piano bar on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas? Or is it a portion of a larger bar? Will it be a boisterous spot with lots of interaction between patrons and player? Stools to sit surrounding the piano?

Thanks....Kathy

I loved the Piano Bar on Carnival Freedom. Is there a dedicated spot for a Piano bar on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas? Or is it a portion of a larger bar? Will it be a boisterous spot with lots of interaction between patrons and player? Stools to sit surrounding the piano?

Thanks....Kathy

The Piano Bar is located in the Schooner Lounge. It is a piano built to be in a piano bar and it has, I think, 8-9 seats around it. There is certainly the potential for it being "boisterous spot with lots of interaction between patrons and player", but that tends to be a factor of the piano player. It is my preferred hang-out and I've only had one piano player who I felt really was out of his element.

Anyone who is sailing on Grandeur anytime soon will have the fabulous Don Alexander.

The Schooner bar on the Mariner in August was nothing like a Carnival piano bar. On our cruise it was pretty much dead every night. I didn't think the player was bad(had far better and far worst on Carnival), but the venue is not a true sing along piano bar. I also remember it being a smoke free lounge(could be wrong). The English pub had a more traditional sing along bar. We had a guitarist named Sean Burns who was great. He would sing and play pretty much every song that was requested. That lounge and well as Boleros was packed every night.

I also was on in August and must concur with lappy. We have had many fun evenings in the piano bars on Carnival. Unfortunately we have yet to find anything that compares on any Royal ship. I've heard Matt Yee does a great job and is on Mariner quite a bit but was not on our sailing :(.

Archived