Itinerary greater than 18 months out - do they know on board?

AndyTheK

Does the on board future cruise desk have knowledge (and can they book) cruises further in the future than 18 months?

We found a great, and a little unusual,itinerary (it's a repo TA on the Crown) for September 2010, and would love to book an equivalent for 2011. Being more than 18 months away, we don't know if such a thing exists.

We'll be on the Coral for Christmas, but September 2011 is still more than 18 months out. The reason we're interested in booking on board is that there seem to be somewhat different rules for International passengers booking with regard to deposits. I asked my TA about using FCC's and about booking on board He told me about OBC's and how to get the booking assigned to him but didn't think anything else was a benefit of it (like reduced deposit). Since we had to pit down almost 30% as a deposit for the upcoming cruise, I'm very interested in getting a booking for $100 p/p deposit instead!

Anyone try to book a cruise more than 18 months out?

TIA. Andy

Does the on board future cruise desk have knowledge (and can they book) cruises further in the future than 18 months?

We found a great, and a little unusual,itinerary (it's a repo TA on the Crown) for September 2010, and would love to book an equivalent for 2011. Being more than 18 months away, we don't know if such a thing exists.

We'll be on the Coral for Christmas, but September 2011 is still more than 18 months out. The reason we're interested in booking on board is that there seem to be somewhat different rules for International passengers booking with regard to deposits. I asked my TA about using FCC's and about booking on board He told me about OBC's and how to get the booking assigned to him but didn't think anything else was a benefit of it (like reduced deposit). Since we had to pit down almost 30% as a deposit for the upcoming cruise, I'm very interested in getting a booking for $100 p/p deposit instead!

TIA. Andy

We have booked some cruises on board as much as 23 months in advance. However, they first have to be released by Princess. Just ask the consultant.

We are booked on the TA for September 2010. From what I remember, this itinerary came out in early April 2009 while we were on the Panama Canal Cruise--about 17 months in advance. Most Princess itineraries seem to come out between a little over a year to slightly less than two years in advance.

Pia - thanks, at least there is hope!

Todd - we saw that 2010 itinerary and it would be perfect for us in 2011 We already have our 2010 plans, will book when we're on board the Coral.

Shalom from miserable thunder and rainy and COLD Tel Aviv.

Andy.

Shalom from miserable thunder and rainy and COLD Tel Aviv.

Andy.

Sorry (and a little surprised) to hear you're having the same awful weather as we in Michigan are but Israel REALLY needs the water and that's what we pray for 3 times a day. Right? ;)

Shabbat Shalom

Sorry (and a little surprised) to hear you're having the same awful weather as we in Michigan are but Israel REALLY needs the water and that's what we pray for 3 times a day. Right? ;)

Shabbat Shalom

Most definitely. After two very dry years it will be good to get some rain this year. It just came in a little early and a little too quickly for the meteorologists to notice it LOL..

Shabbat shalom.

Andy, we had 23 inches of snow on the level yesterday with 4 and 5ft drifts. Roads closed in all directions. Still closed going to Kansas and Wyoming. Bring a big truck you can have all you want.:eek:

We have use FCC since they started $100.00 deposit ea plus a shipboard credit. Then generally, not always, will transfer to an Internet agent when the agent has a good price and be sure to check out agent. Can you not do the same thing in Israel?

We booked May 2011 about eighteen months out end of August on the Island in Alaska. You will love the Coral one of the best two ships in the fleet. Great food, never crowded, no wait for lounges. Also FLL to LA great cruise.

TIA. Andy

We booked our Hawaii cruise for March 2011 last May while on the Coral. That was 22 months out. They had just opened those while we were on the ship. I hope you have the same good fortune.

Thanks Toto and Larry and Gertz.

Gertz: Yes they will transfer an on board booking to my agent. He's with one of the major national brick-amd-mortar companies here. We've done business with him for many years.

Shalom, Andy.

Archived