Anyone heading to Southampton to catch a glimpse of Oasis?

kelly@

Is anyone planning to head down to Southampton to see Oasis on Monday for its technical stop?

Oasis will not be coming alongside in Southampton and a spokesperson for Royal Caribbean was unable to reveal exactly what time the ship was due -- but it will be during the daytime and the ship is expected to stay for a couple of hours.

Someone has posted that a better place to get a view of the ship would be in Portsmouth? Anyone else got any other insight?

Would love to hear from anyone planning to head down there!

Hi i am going to go have a look on Monday as long as im back to work by 6pm. I am really looking forward to seeing her as i am going to be one of the lucky ones who will be on board for the Maiden Voyage on the 5th Dec.:D

Not sure where to go see and see her but i was going to try at the docks first where independence sails from.

Any other ideas

It will depend on how far up towards Southampton she comes. There are a fair few reports which say she won't come alongside and will tender. If that is the case she may not even enter Southampton water (the bit after Cowes).

Blue Funnel, the local excursion boats in Southampton are NOT running any public trips they say. So to see her from afloat looks like an Isle of Wight Ferry, or the shore at the bottom of Southampton water, or even Southsea or Ryde (Isle of Wight). If only we knew definitively where she plans to stop.

This is the current info that Google Earth is currently reporting:

Ship information Oasis of the Seas

Course: 245°

Current voyage: 12 days from Turku to Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) (30/10/09-11/11/09).

Data according to itinerary: Under way from Turku/Finland to Southampton/England

Underway for 1 d 10 hrs 27 min

Arrival in 1 d 16 hrs 33 min, on 02/11/09 at 11:00 (at 10:00 h local time)

Have read this off the Daily Echo website, and it says she'll be off Lee-On-Solent / Portsmouth, rather than coming into Southampton.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4713082.Oasis_of_the_Seas_to_visit_Solent/?ref=mr

Think Royal Caribbean are missing a trick here for some free publicity by popping in to Southampton for a cup of tea. Remember when Independence, Liberty and Freedom first came into service, all three came into Southampton.

Hope that Oasis does come up the Southampton waters, would be good to see for a short while, even if the gardens haven't been put in yet.

Probably need to work out when she would be in the area as well. Be just my luck that Oasis comes to the area after Tuesday, as wife and I will be flying out to Miami..

ScrozUK

Archived