What food can be brought on board?

RVNFUN2

We will be sailing on November 3rd and would like to know if we can bring my husbands cereal on board plus we take Mona Vie and do not want to stop taking it. His cereal is a mixture of dry oatmeal, walnuts, raisins, flax seed and I am not sure what else he ads to it.

Also do they have egg beaters if requested.

Thanks for any info

Kathy

We will be sailing on November 3rd and would like to know if we can bring my husbands cereal on board plus we take Mona Vie and do not want to stop taking it. His cereal is a mixture of dry oatmeal, walnuts, raisins, flax seed and I am not sure what else he ads to it.

Also do they have egg beaters if requested.

Thanks for any info

Kathy

You can bring on any food that you like, but don't bring more than he'll need, because you won't be allowed to bring it off again. (Well, I guess you could pack it in your luggage.)

You can get egg beaters, egg beaters omelets, and egg white omelets.

:)

You can bring on any food that you like, but don't bring more than he'll need, because you won't be allowed to bring it off again. (Well, I guess you could pack it in your luggage.)

You can get egg beaters, egg beaters omelets, and egg white omelets.

:)

the same doggies that sniff your bags as you leave the ship in FLL or whichever port you disembark -- go through the luggage as well and your luggage would be tagged and you would be stopped.

but on the last cruise I took, I saw a young woman bring a huge bag on board stuffed with cheetos! Very strange but maybe she craves cheetos. I don't know if you can order them on the ship. She was probably very hungry.:)

but on the last cruise I took, I saw a young woman bring a huge bag on board stuffed with cheetos! Very strange but maybe she craves cheetos. I don't know if you can order them on the ship. She was probably very hungry.:)

I thought HAL had those "Signature Of Excellence Cheetos"

I thought HAL had those "Signature Of Excellence Cheetos"

I'm trying to solve the "case of the missing postcards" on that other thread.

Do they have cheetos? Maybe chips but cheetos would be strange. Everyone would have these strange orange fingers.;)

limes for in room Gimlets. And if we stop in a French island, we buy pate and cheese and a real French bread for cocktail snacks. Nothing like unpasturized camembert or a blue de bresse.

A very serious man about his cocktail hour!:)

I brought on a small suitcase of special foods for our granddaughter with complex food allergies. Brought off a half full suitcase of same foods. Many were still sealed but some were open. Nobody stopped us but if we needed to give them up, that is a risk one takes.

As for oatmeal, they usually have that available. And there would be no way to cook it.

So maybe just bring the "add-ins".

Egg beaters are readily available, even from room service, although I've had the experience that sometimes when I asked for egg beaters what I really got was egg whites; not a problem for me but some might not be ready for the look of a white omlett.

We usually bring nuts to have with drinks in our cabin.

We often buy pastries when we are traveling in the Mediterranean.

When we were in Israel on a recent cruise we purchased some items to enjoy on the cruise.

Never had a problem bring any food items on to a ship.

Actually we bring food for snacks. While it is true that there is plenty of food--we like certain things for cocktail hour and now just take what we want--along with Diet Dr Pepper. In the Med we are always finding great food to bring onboard in ports.

If I loved Cheetos I would bring along my own.

Last cruise a passenger had a whole wheat English muffin toasted every morning--I was jealous!!!

is checking out foreign food stores and bringing home a new product. It was a lot easier when flying before they changed the carry on rules. I always had a carry on bag w/ my goodies. Now they have to be in the checked bags and could get damaged. On cruises we rarely have that problem and can even bring back cheeses and other perishables in a cooler bag w/ ice.

Archived