Cruise Documents/Luggage Tags

When I booked our latest cruise this past week, the RCCI agent mentioned we will not be getting anything in the mail anymore ~ everything will be sent to me through my email. If this is true, how do we get our luggage tags?

Thanks for any insight!

When I booked our latest cruise this past week, the RCCI agent mentioned we will not be getting anything in the mail anymore ~ everything will be sent to me through my email. If this is true, how do we get our luggage tags?

Thanks for any insight!

Hi Shari............The rep was talking about e-docs which can be printed off if you have a printer at home.

Regarding Luggage Tags..............when you have completed your on-line check in, have made final payment and are ready to print your SetSail Pass off, there will be a box that you can check if you would like to have luggage tags mailed to your home. These should be the same as the ones included in the current paper docs.

Yes, you can also get them at the terminal from the porters. IMHO it's more convenient to have them on your luggage before arriving at the port.

Thanks for any insight!

It's been noted here that you can request luggage tags through the mail. I believe there is a button to click on in your reservation to do this. I'm sure someone who has done this will chime in.

Hi Shari............The rep was talking about e-docs which can be printed off if you have a printer at home.

Regarding Luggage Tags..............when you have completed your on-line check in, have made final payment and are ready to print your SetSail Pass off, there will be a box that you can check if you would like to have luggage tags mailed to your home. These should be the same as the ones included in the current paper docs.

Yes, you can also get them at the terminal from the porters. IMHO it's more convenient to have them on your luggage before arriving at the port.

I have never been able to find that check box.

Me neither! Final payment was made and we are fully registered for Onboard Check-In and have printed out SetSail pass. Still can't find the luggage tag button!!!

If you book with a TA and that TA requests paper docs, like ours does, then you do not have that little box to check off for luggage tags either.

If you book direct with RCI, then you would have to call and find out.

LUGGAGE TAGS

Royal Caribbean's ship luggage tag program provides you with personalized luggage tags before leaving home. Each luggage tag mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment.

You will find a box to check on the bottom right hand corner of the first page of on-line check in. I just did it for our Monarch cruises. Says something like "check to have luggage tags mailed to you". I started a thread on this a month or so ago that maybe you can find again using the search function. Some techno savvy person did a snapshot of the screen which helped a lot of people out. I tried to copy and past our page but it had too much personal info on it.

Hope this helps

Lynda

You can find the luggage tag/documents information under Cruise Documentation in your My Cruises account by booking number.

If a person has booked with a TA and the TA has requested paper docs under Guest Vacation Documents it will say................

These documents contain your reservation details and other important information you will need to board your ship. Your documents are not available online. Please contact your Travel Agent for further details.

If you book with a TA and that TA requests paper docs, like ours does, then you do not have that little box to check off for luggage tags either.

If you book direct with RCI, then you would have to call and find out.

I'll have to email our TA and find out if she provides the service. Perhaps it is because we are booked through a TA the box is not there. We may even be getting the paper docs from her agency, I don't know. I have just never seen the box people mention here on CC and have checked every page on the RCI SetSail check in site.

I don't care about paper docs, I don't need or want the book I just trash it anyway. I just want the luggage tags. In the past we've acquired luggage tags easily from the porters, it's only taken a few moments. However, from what I heard from people after our last boarding, the wait in line for luggage tags has increased, many people waited up to a half hour just to drop off their bags.

Our TA who booked the last cruise we were on (different from our next cruise) sent us luggage tags without us having to ask her for them.

I'll have to email our TA and find out if she provides the service. Perhaps it is because we are booked through a TA the box is not there. We may even be getting the paper docs from her agency, I don't know. I have just never seen the box people mention here on CC and have checked every page on the RCI SetSail check in site.

I don't care about paper docs, I don't need or want the book I just trash it anyway. I just want the luggage tags. In the past we've acquired luggage tags easily from the porters, it's only taken a few moments. However, from what I heard from people after our last boarding, the wait in line for luggage tags has increased, many people waited up to a half hour just to drop off their bags.

Our TA who booked the last cruise we were on (different from our next cruise) sent us luggage tags without us having to ask her for them.

See my post #11 and go into your My Cruises account.

See my post #11 and go into your My Cruises account.

I've probably done that a half dozen times over the past couple of months. It is really frustrating when so many people write about this ;)

I think I'll quit now and stop worrying. It's not something I care to spend any more time on, enough is enough.

You can always return to your set sail screen and check off the box for luggage tags to be mailed to you....however do this in plenty of time as we had friends who requested them and they arrived after the cruise was over. Also, the tags they mail are made of paper - and they tear very easy.

We also scanned in the luggage tag that appears on the last page of your set sail pass....then made copies and laminated them inside of lamination luggage tags - worked fine.

Good luck and Bon Voyage!

I've probably done that a half dozen times over the past couple of months. It is really frustrating when so many people write about this ;)

I know the frustration you feel.:( I got so upset when others were getting this box to check for luggage tags........and I wasn't.:rolleyes:

So I tried this method......

1. Go to the RCI Home Page and click on Before you Board (DO NOT click on your name or sign in)
  2. Click on Countdown to Cruise (Again DO NOT click on your name or sign in)
  3. Now click on Retrieve your Reservation (located on the left hand side of the page under Get Access to Countdown to Cruise) and now you can enter in all the information it asks for.

When I finally got to a cruise that we have booked, across the top under "countdown to cruise" I can see Cruise Documentation, so I clicked on that.

It is here that it will show you if you are able to order luggage tags or if you have to call your TA.

I know the frustration you feel.:( I got so upset when others were getting this box to check for luggage tags........and I wasn't.:rolleyes:

So I tried this method......

1. Go to the RCI Home Page and click on Before you Board (DO NOT click on your name or sign in)
  2. Click on Countdown to Cruise (Again DO NOT click on your name or sign in)
  3. Now click on Retrieve your Reservation (located on the left hand side of the page under Get Access to Countdown to Cruise) and now you can enter in all the information it asks for.

When I finally got to a cruise that we have booked, across the top under "countdown to cruise" I can see Cruise Documentation, so I clicked on that.

It is here that it will show you if you are able to order luggage tags or if you have to call your TA.

This is exactly what I've done several times. I finally found a page that discusses the luggage tag mailer. It discusses "qualified cruisers". I have no idea what you have to do to be qualified, but I guess we're not. We are booked with a TA, we are Diamond members, I've done the online check in, we are past the final payment, etc...

The amusing part of this is it is just like a past thread where I stated a fan was confiscated from us at embarkation. I had several people tell me that it didn't happen :D I swear there is no box to check off on the site for me ;)

This is exactly what I've done several times. I finally found a page that discusses the luggage tag mailer. It discusses "qualified cruisers". I have no idea what you have to do to be qualified, but I guess we're not. We are booked with a TA, we are Diamond members, I've done the online check in, we are past the final payment, etc...

The amusing part of this is it is just like a past thread where I stated a fan was confiscated from us at embarkation. I had several people tell me that it didn't happen :D I swear there is no box to check off on the site for me ;)

Simple solution. If you continue to book with this TA just tell her you do not want paper docs. You want e-docs. Then you should have that box to check for luggage tags under Cruise Documentation.

First page of online checkin, BUT - your edocs must already have been issued.;)

I just did this a couple of days ago. I had already made luggage tags for my cruise in November, but I went in to do online checkin to see if the magical button was there - and it was. ;) First page, big green button at the bottom of the page. I clicked on it, entered my address, hit submit, and I was done. I will now see how long it takes for them to get up to Canada!

Key is, it's not just final payment that makes the button appear. You have to have had your edoc notification come in. This will happen about 40 days prior to your cruise. You must order your tags a minimum of 14 days prior to your cruise. So you have about a 26 day window to order them. You do not have to complete online check-in to get them.:)

You most certainly can order your own luggage tags EVEN if you booked thru a TA. We did for our upcoming transatlantic and the tags arrived in less than a week! The only problem prior to that was that RCCL sent us our edocs directly instead of to our TA and we couldn't log on to them because they needed a special link given to TA. Once they were sent to TA and she resent to us, no problem. We went to sign in for Sea Pass but only did the luggage tags and have not completed set sail pass, yet. So, if you are able to open your edocs, you should be able to get your luggage tags, buy hey, maybe they are upgrading you and you will need new tags ;). Can always wish.

First page of online checkin, BUT - your edocs must already have been issued.;)

I just did this a couple of days ago. I had already made luggage tags for my cruise in November, but I went in to do online checkin to see if the magical button was there - and it was. ;) First page, big green button at the bottom of the page. I clicked on it, entered my address, hit submit, and I was done. I will now see how long it takes for them to get up to Canada!

Key is, it's not just final payment that makes the button appear. You have to have had your edoc notification come in. This will happen about 40 days prior to your cruise. You must order your tags a minimum of 14 days prior to your cruise. So you have about a 26 day window to order them. You do not have to complete online check-in to get them.:)

Aha! The real answer. I have no idea whether we have edocs or paper tickets and our cruise is 49 days away :)

Aha! The real answer. I have no idea whether we have edocs or paper tickets and our cruise is 49 days away :)

My guess is edocs, as after Nov. 15th, RCI is doing away with paper docs.;) You may still get paper docs if you pay $35, but not 100% on that. I know that there was a rule if you booked a cruise within 30 days of sailing, you would have to pay $35 if you wanted paper docs. I'm just thinking that there are still some people out there that don't have computers, so there must be allowances for them.

But, RCI is better than some other lines - at least they are giving out REAL tags. HAL no longer does, and Princess is going to these cheap paper things.

Booked direct with C&A desk for my upcoming Oasis cruise (12/12/09).

My tab did not show up until I got notification that my edocs were ready. I had checked everyday.

Edoc notification by email: 49 days out (7 weeks)

Ordered tags from "My Cruises", "Documentation" on Day 49

Tags arrived today...one week later.

Deb

You most certainly can order your own luggage tags EVEN if you booked thru a TA. We did for our upcoming transatlantic and the tags arrived in less than a week! The only problem prior to that was that RCCL sent us our edocs directly instead of to our TA and we couldn't log on to them because they needed a special link given to TA. Once they were sent to TA and she resent to us, no problem. We went to sign in for Sea Pass but only did the luggage tags and have not completed set sail pass, yet. So, if you are able to open your edocs, you should be able to get your luggage tags, buy hey, maybe they are upgrading you and you will need new tags ;). Can always wish.

Since we have dealt with the same TA for years and she has always requested paper docs for us and that is what we have always received.............we do not get the green box/dot to click on to order luggage tags direct from RCI because they are included in our paper docs.

Archived