Souvenier glass - Drink question

jburke1566

I'm SO confused....I've read and really tried to figure it out. If I decide my drink of choice is going to be Pina Colada for example, all week...do I get the souvenier glass and pay how much? And then have it refilled???? For how much???? I'm so confused!!!! What is the best way to go about this?

The souviner glass applies to the drink of the day. You don't get to decide what drink that is. Carnival has a different one each day.;)

NOT TRUE, all the frozen drinks can be purchased in the souviner glass. When you are ready for you next drink, you return the glass. They will either wash it or get you a fresh glass. The next drink is at a reduced price.

NOT TRUE, you can get any DOD any day that you are onboard. While a different drink is promoted each day, it does not prevent you from getting a Funship Special on the third day onboard or a Goomba Smash on the first day.

Dave

Ohhhh.....so if Pina Colada is MY drink of choice then it will be in a small plastic cup?

Actually you can ask for any drink you want in a souviner glass. But unless you are just wanting to carry the thing around with you, ask for it in a reg glass. They are basically the same size. The reg glass may actually have a little more in it.

You don't HAVE to get a souvenir glass, ever, if you don't want. OR you can get one every time! It's up to you. If your ship has the DOD (Drink of the Day) card:

2964306770059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

it's about $25 (somewhere around there... give or take) - you get the first drink in the souvenir glass and the other 4 in a regular glass - saves you a couple of $$. Pina Colada is not a DOD, tho - so if that is your choice, don't get the card!

Actually you can ask for any drink you want in a souviner glass. But unless you are just wanting to carry the thing around with you, ask for it in a reg glass. They are basically the same size. The reg glass may actually have a little more in it.

The other way around. The souvenir glasses have a couple of ounces more in them.

Dave

You don't HAVE to get a souvenir glass, ever, if you don't want. OR you can get one every time! It's up to you. If your ship has the DOD (Drink of the Day) card:

2964306770059432091S500x500Q85.jpg

it's about $25 (somewhere around there... give or take) - you get the first drink in the souvenir glass and the other 4 in a regular glass - saves you a couple of $$. Pina Colada is not a DOD, tho - so if that is your choice, don't get the card!

Not all ships have them. Recent posts on Cruise Critic indicates they may be doing away with this program.

Dave

NOT TRUE, all the frozen drinks can be purchased in the souvenir glass. When you are ready for you next drink, you return the glass. They will either wash it or get you a fresh glass. The next drink is at a reduced price.

NOT TRUE, you can get any DOD any day that you are onboard. While a different drink is promoted each day, it does not prevent you from getting a Funship Special on the third day onboard or a Goomba Smash on the first day.

Dave

When I was on the Carnival Pride last year, I wanted to get the MonkeyHead cup and I had to wait until Wednesday for it to be the DOD cup and that was the only day you could buy them. On Thursday I thought I would get another one and I went back to the bar where I purchased my first one and they explained that those cups you can only buy on a certain day. Now I don't know about any of the other cups or glasses, but I do know about the MonkeyHead.

The other way around. The souvenir glasses have a couple of ounces more in them.

Dave

You are probably right. I am not really a drinker and it is probably a few years since I actually bought one of the glasses.

A tip if you want the "glass" but not the drink. Make a round of the lido trash cans area after closing the first night. Usually lots sitting around.

When I was on the Carnival Pride last year, I wanted to get the MonkeyHead cup and I had to wait until Wednesday for it to be the DOD cup and that was the only day you could buy them. On Thursday I thought I would get another one and I went back to the bar where I purchased my first one and they explained that those cups you can only buy on a certain day. Now I don't know about any of the other cups or glasses, but I do know about the MonkeyHead.

But you could get any drink that you wanted in the glass that is contained in the Monkeyhead. It also pays $$ to know the bartender. I usually try to go back to the same one each time so sometimes things can be done. You can also buy the Monkeyhead without the drink though the bartender will try and convince you to buy the drink also. The same with the funnel cup/banks.

Dave

Or you can just buy a monkey head in port. It is cheaper too. (bought one for my son in Belize I think last year. It may have been $2, drink not included but I didn't want the drink anyway)

Archived