Where can I find...

lilfish7

I don't take alot of jewelry, so I buy a box of snack size ziplock bags. Then put the individual pieces or sets in each bag and tuck them into my fancy evening bag, which then gets wrapped with something and is tucked into my suitcase, or carryon. Its a pretty, jeweled tiny handbag, perfect for formal nights, its also the perfect size for those bangles, baubles, and beads...lol

I think an extra bag just for jewelry is just not necessary. Of course I've never been on a cruise longer than 7 days... maybe a 120 day or btb or the World, you would need more jewelry then for sure..:rolleyes:

My jewelry is mostly earrings and I like to wear a different pair each day plus changing in the evening for dinner. So I bought 2"x3" itty bitty bags from SciPlus.com [100 bags for $2.25]. Each baggie holds one or more pairs of earrings and all the bags are in one zipped cosmetic bag. Fits nicely into carry-on luggage. I have another zipped cosmetic bag for the few necklaces/bracelets I wear, each in a separate ziplock bag or a jewelry bag.

This works well for me, even for longer cruises. I've also used film canisters to hold earrings and/or rings.

You can buy those little tiny zip-lock bags in hobby/craft stores too--I think in the jewelry and bead section.

They come in handy for many things; earrings, rings, small amounts of pill, etc. I put the number of eye make-up remover pads I need for the trip, plus a few extra, in one and eliminate at least one container.

• 2 weeks later...

SteinMart is my store! They have the best travel bags.

On the other hand, zip lock bags work for everything. I leave them in the suitcases and use them for multiple trips. My DH calls me the Bag Lady!

The small plastic fishing lure boxes mentioned earlier also work great but can be cumbersome if you are trying to save space. I use them at home for the smaller items.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived