Where can I find...

lilfish7

I bought one many years ago from the Lillian Vernon catalog. It's like a book with many clear plastic zippered compartments on each page. I like being able to see everything. It velcros closed.

I tried various things over the years and this inexpensive one is by far the one I like the BEST. I got it at Ross and it was even cheaper than listed on this site. I LOVED being able to see everything at a glance and also being able to hang it up.

One thing I did do was carefully snip some of the stitching to make some long pouches out the the individual ones to accomodate necklaces. You can fold it up in about thirds and it's faily compact, depending on how much jewelry you put in it, or even pack it flat.

http://www.organize.com/37pocketorg.html

Normally when I travel, I don't take a lot of jewelry with me, but cruises are different. I got this as a present a couple of years ago and I like it for cruises. A few "bigger" pieces don't fit in, and I just put these in a small pouch or satin bag.

http://www.magellans.com/store/Packing_Organizers___Jewelry_CasesLB917?Args=

I have a round black leather jewellery case made by Wolf. They don't have the exact one anymore, but here is a link to one that is similar:

http://www.wolfdesigns.com/?a=getp&oid=215&cid=6&scid=5

It has a zipper and enough space for necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, etc. I like the fact that there is a card for stud earrings. I've had my case for about 10 years and it has held up really well.

You can usually find Wolf boxes in jewellery stores.

I pack mine in a plastic box made for fishing lures. You can get them in every size with dividers, and aside from the fact that they stack neatly in my dresser drawer, the best part is they are dirt cheap. I keep my jewelry in these all year long. For packing, I just pick out one that fits what I want to take and fill it up.

I pack mine in a plastic box made for fishing lures. You can get them in every size with dividers, and aside from the fact that they stack neatly in my dresser drawer, the best part is they are dirt cheap. I keep my jewelry in these all year long. For packing, I just pick out one that fits what I want to take and fill it up.

Check craft stores or sewing stores for similar plastic boxes. Joann's often puts them on 40% off. Some have those dividers that can be moved to make different size compartments. You can even put cotton batting in the bottom of the compartment to cushion things a little.

Melissa

I have a very nice leather case that my husband bought for me at the jewelry store he usually uses to buy me gifts; it has multiple compartments, a ring holder, snap in necklace holdes and an earring card.

However, lately I've been using a silk roll up case that has various zipped compartments, of different sizes because it packs so much smaller into my carry-ton. I go it at a garage sale, but I've seen similar cases in stores.

I got mine at Lillian Vernon too. I love it I looked long and hard for the perfect one for me.

It has a velcro center smaller one that I can use for weekend trips, or put the valuable jewlery in to carry with me.

http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/product_display.jsp?pdId=9380&name=2-in-1+Jewelry+Organizer&parentCatId=6&catId=1228

Off the subject of the cruise, I keep my earrings in ice cube trays at home. It's the perfect storage for earrings. You can stack them and they fit neatly into a drawer.

Try the Luggage stores that sell the travel items too. Outlets especially. I got mine there and it looks like a clutch purse when closed. When open it lays flat and has MANY zippered compartments to hold enough jewelry for any length cruise. When you are finished you fold it up in 3 like a letter and it snaps shut and flat.

Mine is made by Samsonite. It is 11 Inches wide, by 13 1/2 inches long when opened. It has 10 compartments for all different types of jewelry that we would carry.

I have tried to scan it to show you, so you can get an idea of what it looks like. The inside you will only see some of the compartments. There are also for necklaces, Pins, big enough for hard bracelets too. ;) It really takes up very little room in a carry on.

Click on the Thumbnail to enlarge them.

With Christmas coming up, there should be plenty of these around. Try Kohl's if you have one. Also just about any department store. If all else fails, I used a gift card tin last time. It was just big enough for all the jewelry I wanted to take and it didn't take up much room.

I don't take alot of jewelry, so I buy a box of snack size ziplock bags. Then put the individual pieces or sets in each bag and tuck them into my fancy evening bag, which then gets wrapped with something and is tucked into my suitcase, or carryon. Its a pretty, jeweled tiny handbag, perfect for formal nights, its also the perfect size for those bangles, baubles, and beads...lol

I think an extra bag just for jewelry is just not necessary. Of course I've never been on a cruise longer than 7 days... maybe a 120 day or btb or the World, you would need more jewelry then for sure..:rolleyes:

I also don't take a lot of jewelry on a cruise, but one thing I can't live without are my stud earrings...I went to a craft store ( Michael's) and bought a sheet of plastic that has holes in it..the sheets they used for making ornaments with yarn..I bought the smallest holes available which are perfect to put stud earrings in...I then took an old jewlery box that my diamond studs came in and cut the plastic to fit inside the box...now I have a nice safe transport and I can carry upwards of 12- 15 pairs of studs...works great..I then put that in my carryon.

I don't want to pack anything that takes up more room than it's contents.

Also - when packing a necklace:

Drop the chain down a soda straw and put a safety pin on the small end to keep it from falling out again. This will keep the chain from getting tangled. Bend the straw at the flexible part and it will fit in a snack bag.

Then all of the smaller bags are put into one larger bag.

One cruise line gave us some very nice toiletry bags.

I have never used them.

I can see everything that is in a ziploc bag and it packs in a smaller space.

Space saving is important when you never travel with anything larger than a carry-on bag.

I put each pair of earrings or a necklace in the little ziploc bags that you can get at the drugstore for daily medications (in the area where there are measuring spoons, pill organizers, etc.). Then put all of them into a quart size ziploc. I do have a couple of jewelry roll-ups, but I think that the clear bags keep everything more organized and easy to see.

Archived