TV with USB PORT on LIBERTY??

kstmbjm

Does anyone know if the televisions on Liberty of the Seas have a USB port so I can connect my laptop to the TV to watch DVDs I've brought from home?

Unless things have changed all the ports on the tvs are disabled :mad:

Does anyone know if the televisions on Liberty of the Seas have a USB port so I can connect my laptop to the TV to watch DVDs I've brought from home?

Regular cabins no...GS's and above have DVD players (RFS's also have an awesome sound system) and you will be able to get movies in the CL he will provide you with a list...many to choose from...

I sailed on Liberty about a month ago and the TV's had a ton of ports on them (Component, Composite, HDMI, Analog & digital audio). Only problem is that Royal disabled all of them so there's no way to take advantage of them. I took my laptop with a dozen DVD's (not that I watched a single one) and all my cables incase it would work but sadly it wouldn't.

When we sailed on Liberty this past summer I took my iPod loaded with sitcoms along with cables hoping to connect and watch on the cabin TV as I had been able to do on Rhapsody a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, though all the ports were there on the nice flat screen TVs, they were disabled as previously reported. I was really disappointed. :( What do you think could be the harm of enabling those ports? I considered asking at the pursers desk, but realized there was very little chance the folks manning the desk would have any clue nor influence on what I was requesting. I really would like to be able to use the cabin TV for that. Any ideas on how to make that happen?? Do all the ships have flat screen TVs now?

FYI: USB ports are not used to connect a computer or DVD player to the TV.

Most laptops only have a VGA output port, so you would have to have a working VGA port on the TV.

Most portable DVD players only have a composite (red/white/yellow plugs) or a SVHS connection.

Some newer laptops have a DVI port, that with a cheap converter will allow you to connect to an HDMI port on a TV. I've even seen a few laptops that now have HDMI ports.

Of course, all this doesn't matter if they have disabled all the inputs.

I wonder if the ports are really disabled, or if it is just a limit of the remote control?

Archived