Grand Suite Dining: Radiance

MMastell

I am wondering how in-suite dining is handled on Royal Caribbean. Specifically on Radiance of the Seas.

In the Grand Suite there is not a table and chairs. If you order a meal from the Main Dining Room do they have a mobile table, sit it up on the balcony or just put it on the coffee table or wherever?

I have sailed in a Celebrity Sky Suite, that does not have a table and the butler has brought in a table for dinner when we ordered a MDR meal. I know on Royal Caribbean that room service handles this.

Thanks for any information.

Take care,

Mike

On RCI, the entire meal is delivered at one time....no "by the course" service. Can't help you with the table....they don't do that for lesser cabins (JS and below!). We find that eating in the room is nowhere near as nice as in the dining room or other eating venue. As snack isn't bad, but a full meal is messy and difficult without a true dining table!

I am wondering how in-suite dining is handled on Royal Caribbean. Specifically on Radiance of the Seas.

In the Grand Suite there is not a table and chairs. If you order a meal from the Main Dining Room do they have a mobile table, sit it up on the balcony or just put it on the coffee table or wherever?

I have sailed in a Celebrity Sky Suite, that does not have a table and the butler has brought in a table for dinner when we ordered a MDR meal. I know on Royal Caribbean that room service handles this.

Take care,

Mike

While I´ve cruised in GS I never ordered Dinner via room service. However I think they will just deliver your meal and it´s completely up to you how and where to eat it. I also don´t think it´s like there´s someone to serve it to you in your suite. Someone who has done it may correct me.

Take care,

Mike

You have to remember that Celebrity is the more upscale sister of RCL. Thus, you won't have a dedicated butler looking after you in the Radiance GS (Suite butlers are considered a Celebrity signature service). As others mentioned, the entire meal will be delivered at once by the regular room service staff. I was on the Radiance this past September and I can tell you that in my experience, the room service staff varied from rude to very good. On the positive side, the GS cabins of the Radiance are beautifully designed and in that sense, it will be a nice upgrade from a Celebrity Sky Suite.

While I´ve cruised in GS I never ordered Dinner via room service. However I think they will just deliver your meal and it´s completely up to you how and where to eat it. I also don´t think it´s like there´s someone to serve it to you in your suite. Someone who has done it may correct me.

I agree that your summed it up correctly. We had other than dinner in a GS and you eat where you can more or less. Tends to keep me from other than a continental breakfast or snacks in the cabin....CL is nicer place for breakfast anyhow.

Thanks for the replies. Due to a health problem there have been times when I was unable to make it to the MDR for dinner but the ability to have dinner in the suite was a great alternative rather than my wife going to the Windjammer and fixing a plate.

The problem has always been finding a "comfortable" place in the room to eat.

Take care,

Mike

Archived