Eurodam 10/24-10/31

mj_holiday

This was my second cruise (my first was 10 years ago) and I used Cruise Critic alot in preparing for this cruise. I got alot of good information. I do agree that the Lido restaurant is very chaotic and crowded and we preferred the main dining roon but sometimes our schedules did not match. We had great cabin stewards and the bartenders in the Crows Nest were great. I ordered coffee and juice every mornign for room service to start the day. We really enjoyed our trip.

I do have a couple of questions. We used a wine card and how do the people serving us wine get any gratuity for this? We also bought mixed drinks, but I could see were someone only used a wine card for the entire cruise.

At the times were were in the Lido restaurant and when we were seated in the MDR, we were asked our room number and couldn't figure out why.

We used a wine card and how do the people serving us wine get any gratuity for this?
Welcome to posting on CC. :)

The 15% service charge is included in the price you paid. The 10-glass card is $36 + 15% = $41.40, and the 20-glass card is $67.50 + 15% = $77.63. All of the beverage service charges are pooled among all of the bar staff on the ship, so everyone gets the benefit no matter where you buy or use the card.

This is (IMO) the reason that HAL does not want you to "carry over" unused punches to another ship: all of the service charge has been paid to the staff on the ship where it was purchased.

This is not the same pool that is funded by the $11/p/d Hotel Service Charge.

That's not true at all - it's the same price whether bought online from home or on the ship during the cruise.

I've heard people say if you order it after you sail you avoid the FL sales tax, but honestly, 6 or 7% of $41 or $77 isn't going to break me so I order it in advance and it's waiting for me in my cabin.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

Greetings MJ Holiday. Trust your cruise went as well as ours. DW,DD and DF(Friend) all travelled along with you on the same cruise. Care to share any of your thoughts other than the ones already stated. Just curious to see what others think. Colakid.

Archived