Traveling alone....

dino_dino

Hi all

I hope some can give me information on traveling alone on SeaDream or SeaBourn, alone.

How is it?

Will I feel alone and sort of odd?

I am 36, and traveling alone. I do like the style these two cruise, yacht, lines have.

Happy for all information I get

Thanks for looking

I don't know about Sea Dream but I do know that on Seabourn you will be very well cared for. One of the things they are famous for is their hosted tables at dinner where you will be invited by an officer or member of the staff to join their table and meet fellow passengers. Plus the intimate size of the ships encourages meeting others very easily. I have met many people who travel solo and love it.

I did my first solo Seabourn at 42 and loved it. They treat solo women very, very well. OK, I'm assuming the OP is a woman. I received an invitation to dine with a ship's officer, the cruise director or a member of the entertainment staff every evening. As a solo, that's important as you don't have that uncomfortable situation of dining alone. Plus, you meet some very interesting people that way. Yes, Seabourn does have an older demographic, but I've never found that to be a negative.

Sea Dream does tend to have a younger demographic than Seabourn, but I personally much prefer Seabourn for a few reasons, one being that Sea Dream seems to attract more couples and Seabourn does attract more solos.

Thanks for helping a solo cruising man:)

Well, I understand I will be taken good care of, so need to worry about dinning alone in a corner.

Se how wrong one can be, my understanding was that cruises was for couples and old people. Reading here on the forum, I learn that younger and single people are also cruising!

A nice way to meet new and interesting people, staff and fellow passengers.:)

Good.

So, kitt9, can ask why you prefer Seabourn over Seadream?

THanks for helping a first timer in the world of cruises

HAve a good day

I am a female solo sailer who has been on Cunard, Celebrity, Princess, and will soon be sailing on my second Seabourn cruise. My first SB being back in March of this year.

Seabourn is tops with solos. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of fellow solos onboard. Very easy running into them at afternoon cocktails, evening drinks, officer-hosted dinners, and quite often the last-minute, let's-go-have-dinner-shall-we occasions, occured as well! The commaraderie among the solos, as well as with all other fellow passengers onboard, was refreshing and quite wonderful.

Try it, you'll see.:)

I will.

The more I read here, the more I understand I will not be alone, and for sure not an odd ball dinning alone.

Where is your next Seabourn cruise going?

Well, then all I have to now, is to find a cruise, transatlantic, that match my dates. Either Seadream or Seabourn.

I will.

The more I read here, the more I understand I will not be alone, and for sure not an odd ball dinning alone.

Where is your next Seabourn cruise going?

Well, then all I have to now, is to find a cruise, transatlantic, that match my dates. Either Seadream or Seabourn.

I'm on the Spirit transatlantic that departs Lisbon on the 15th. The single supplement was 125% - an excellent value. Solos can - at times - do very well with the supp, by booking a category A guarantee. I did this, and was pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a cat B2 upon assignment. Glorious!

Good luck to you, and happy sailing.

For some reason, Sea Dream seems to attract more couples than Seabourn and more honeymoon types. Also, I feel those yachts are just a little too small, about half the size of the Seabourn triplets.

While I do like Seabourn very much, I've pretty much gone over to Crystal for my luxury cruising. There are differences between the two lines, mostly around fixed seating times, but I prefer Crystal's enrichment activities and their schedule of evening activities. Lots more to do on Crystal both daytime and nighttime. And now with their very generous on board credits for all their cruises, it makes Cystal virtually all inclusive. Plus, Crystal's single supplement is much better than Seabourn's.

• 2 weeks later...

dino_dino

I've been sailing on Seabourn solo for 10 years ~~ TA Crossing's being my favorite voyages. I loveeee those lazy, hazy, crazy sea days. There is a group of us that book the TA Crossing's twice a year. We have many solo Sailor's among the "Seabourn Family" ~~all grrreat, kind, thoughtful and fun !:D And yes, all ages.

Please come join us next March 19th for the Spirit TA Crossing. Ft Laud to Lisbon ~~13 days.

I always name a "theme" for the March Crossing's ~~next March the theme will be: "Puttin' On The Ritz!" (we've had "Hall of Fame Crossing", Tickled Pink, A Royal Affair, Glad in Plaid, a few Texas Fling Ding's" and last year's, Pride's, "The Last Hurrah" (the Pride ship was relocated to Asia, so no more TA Crossing's)

If you are interested we would loveeee for you to join us!

Go read the Seabourn CC board. It's a wealth of information.

Happy Cruisin'

Martita B.

West Texas

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Marita B.

Thank you for the reply and good information.

I am sure you have a great time, sounds like fun:)

Will look at the time and get back to you, but form what I remember, the dates are good:)

Have a good day

dino_dino

I hope you will consider the Seabourn Spirit March 19th (2010) TA Crossing from Ft Laud to Lisboa ~~I think you would enjoy the group of passengers. As I mentioned on our Crossing's there are many sailing solo. Being a big "family" we mesh together ~~couples & solos. Ages, 20 to 90 ~~my Mother Crossed with me when she was 92 ~~and had THE best time! (she was "Queen of the Pride")

We laugh at the Sky Bar as "we're all in the 4th Grade during the day time!" (one day a fellow raised his hand and loudly stated: "I want to be in the 2nd GRADE!") The guests aboard a Crossing are usually seasoned, very interesting, fun Sailor's ~~~many world travelers.

There's never a dull moment aboard a Seabourn Transatlantic Crossing! Events, activites, private parties, lounge shows nightly, hosted dinner tables each evening, contests, lectures, trivia each day, etc., etc.....:D

Come join us!

Martita B.

Archived