Question about Early Saver

CruisaholiCandy

Well you know the main advantage - not having to pay more if the cruise fare rises. You also GET A REBATE if the price for the same category cabin you have for the same sailing drops, you will get the lower price.

Disadvantage - 250 bucks PP NON-refundable deposit on a 7 day cruise...not sure the amount on the shorter cruises, but your deposit is not refundable.

Disadvantages, cannot downgrade, can only upgrade, cannot do a name change if someone cant go last minute, nonrefundable deposit. (I think they ought to put the no name change in the FAQs, not bury it in the fine print and mention it no where else).

Advantage, you can get a rate drop after final payment

Don't get me wrong, I have an upcoming cruise using ES, and I have received a decent price break since booking. BUT, since CCL is now implementing more and more "mini categories", it's going to make it tougher to get those price breaks. Point in case: My original 8G included 22 cabins. Now my 8G is now an 8N, which there are only six cabins, and all but one are booked.

Do you catch my drift?:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I have an upcoming cruise using ES, and I have received a decent price break since booking. BUT, since CCL is now implementing more and more "mini categories", it's going to make it tougher to get those price breaks. Point in case: My original 8G included 22 cabins. Now my 8G is now an 8N, which there are only six cabins, and all but one are booked.

Do you catch my drift?:rolleyes:

Could you get a free upgrade with Early Saver?

Could you get a free upgrade with Early Saver?

No, you have to pay for whichever category you choose, no free upgrades ever offered, unless you get a upsell call at the last minute (which still costs).

ES though will be a lower price than Past Guest. For instance my 4A (now a PT) on Ecstasy 5 day was $279, now ES is gone, and past guest rates in effect, and past guest is $359 ... so even if they give you a FREE upgrade ... it aint free, costs more to book past guest almost always. There might be a rare time past guest is better, but never on any of my ES bookings.

Archived