$505 on LOS, Nov 29th... Balcony Cabin

FlyTexas

Hopefully this is a good price... Been looking for a deal before the end of the year for my wife and I...

Found a balcony cabin on deck 6 on the Liberty of the Seas for the Nov 29th sailing for $505 each plus taxes. Sounds good to me, but what do you guys (and gals) think?

Total, including taxes and prepaid tips is $1387. I put it on hold last night, need to pay for it now. Current price on their web site is $699, so it seems like I locked in a bargain, or will it get cheaper again?

Thoughts?

Once you pay in full and if the price drop, call them, they will give you the difference in OBC.

Hello, my girlfriend and I are looking at a January cruise and have put the cabin on hold. We have never sailed with Royal Caribbean, so don't know their policies. If I book with a travel agent, and the prices drops, will they also give us an OBC for the difference? Is this an official RC policy, or does this just happen as a one off?

I couldn't find this policy on their website, so I'm curious if it is official. We are on the fence about booking, because I suspect the price may go down prior to January.

Any advice or insight into this OBC for a price drop is appreciated.

Thanks!

We booked our Liberty OTS through a TA, as soon as I saw the price in their website dropped, I called my TA right away and they contacted RCCL and acknowledged and gave my difference in the form of On Board Credit. Having said that, when Royal published new sale, sometimes they put in fine print and specify new sale price for new booking only, in our case, they didn't say so, they honoured and gave us the difference instead of refund our credit card which we already paid in full. Your OBC can be used on tips, drinks, perfumes, excursion and anything on board...

those unreal prices for the D1 were only on less than 24 hrs.-we booked the one remaining aft-due to an upgrade- on deck 10 for $405(diamond discount) for a 7 day-the best! things are getting crazy,we figured with the 6,000 plus passengers on the oasis for it's first cruise out of there during that week that could be one of the reaon for the crazy pricing???

Ok, we booked it...

Got our airfare, yuck... American is almost as expensive as the cruise, when did airline tickets get this expensive???

Sigh, oh well... airline tickets were $1026 including taxes for 2 people.

We could have used miles, but they wanted 100,000 miles for those 2 tickets, so that would be a bad deal.

We'll have fun regardless... :)

Ok, we booked it...

Got our airfare, yuck... American is almost as expensive as the cruise, when did airline tickets get this expensive???

Sigh, oh well... airline tickets were $1026 including taxes for 2 people.

We could have used miles, but they wanted 100,000 miles for those 2 tickets, so that would be a bad deal.

We'll have fun regardless... :)

I was looking at booking but realized that's Thanksgiving weekend and air is outrageous! It was $660pp.:eek: Needless to say I changed my mind. I'll just have to wait until February. You got a great deal on the cruise part. I guess it makes it that much easier to accept the air prices. Enjoy!!!:D

i had an inside for $ 495.00 and saw that price myself called rccl and switched to a balcony for $ 10.00 pp i looked today and the price including fees was appx 590.00 less guess i will make it up in specialty resturants and cocktails

I saw that $505 price and didn't get it in time because I booked with a travel agent and I had to make the change through the travel agent. Of course, it was a Sunday and I couldn't get a hold of my travel agent, so I missed out. So frustrating. I'll never use a travel agent again.

I was looking at booking but realized that's Thanksgiving weekend and air is outrageous! It was $660pp.:eek: Needless to say I changed my mind. I'll just have to wait until February. You got a great deal on the cruise part. I guess it makes it that much easier to accept the air prices. Enjoy!!!:D

Yep, Happy Turkey Day indeed...

We're saving our AA miles for a trip overseas, where they go further.

Such is life... Over all this is less expensive than the last cruise we took on Carnival, and when I priced RCL in the past, it was more expensive.

This is my first RCL cruise in 13 years, looking forward to it!!!

This cruise is the Pied Piper annual post thanksgiving cruise just so you all know that. That could be a reason rates are a little cheap. Pied piper organizes gay cruises. My wife and son were on one in 07 and besides the group having their own areas at certain times there was not much to notice. Probably about one third of the ship was in this group. But that was on the Jewel of the Seas, so with Liberty of course there are way more people. Just wanted to make you all aware.

Archived